Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I believe the 2021 K5 gt line has this “feature”? If so, Can it be disabled? Or does it reactivate each time the ignition is turned on? Any after market device that will permanently turn it off?

i find this feature annoying and was able to find such a device (harness) for my ‘17 infiniti Q60, but same manufacturer does not make one for the kia.

·
Registered
2021 kia k5 gt-line
32 Posts
I stand corrected I guess a few models may have it. I have not seen any signs on my GT-Line that shows it is supported.
It does say "if supported"?? I wonder what model it is supported on.

"Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system (if equipped)The Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system reduces fuel consumption by auto-matically shutting down the engine when the vehicle is at a standstill. (For example: red light, stop sign and traffic jam)The engine starts automatically as soon as the starting conditions are met.The ISG is ON whenever the engine is running. "

·
Registered
51 Posts
According to Kia website, only the base model LX has the ISG. the LXS and above removes that. I Have a GT-Line AWD and it does NOT have ISG and according to Kia the FWD version doesnt either. so its prob safe to say that if you getting a gt-line you'll be ok

·
Registered
109 Posts
I stand corrected I guess a few models may have it. I have not seen any signs on my GT-Line that shows it is supported.
It does say "if supported"?? I wonder what model it is supported on.

"Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system (if equipped)The Idle Stop and Go (ISG) system reduces fuel consumption by auto-matically shutting down the engine when the vehicle is at a standstill. (For example: red light, stop sign and traffic jam)The engine starts automatically as soon as the starting conditions are met.The ISG is ON whenever the engine is running. "
I just thing that the stop and go system does more harm then good. It's just something else that can go wrong down the line. And lets face it, just how much gas are you going to save by having this feature. 1/10 th of a MPG over a full tank? Unless you are stuck in traffic for a hour or two, then I would advise you to take another route.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts