Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is a weird question if anyone knows….

if you are listening to the radio and you plug in your phone, it auto kicks over to apple car play. Anyway to turn that off so it stays on the radio? My last car had an option to do it so just asking. Looked around settings but didn’t see anything.

I have EX, so no wireless car play….sad face

·
Registered
205 Posts
This is a weird question if anyone knows….

if you are listening to the radio and you plug in your phone, it auto kicks over to apple car play. Anyway to turn that off so it stays on the radio? My last car had an option to do it so just asking. Looked around settings but didn’t see anything.

I have EX, so no wireless car play….sad face
So switch your usb to the charge only port and just connect with Bluetooth.

It will still call and text for you, but it doesn't change the input.

I do this alot when I am not going to use the phone for navigation in my GT.

It is also my go to when Android Auto decides to glitch out 😕

·
Registered
50 Posts
you can plug in the phone with the left port and it will automatically kick on apple car play; on the apple car play screen press the bottom left button where it brings you to the apple home screen where you can see the text and the other icons. Then look for the KIA icon and press that; it should kick you out of apple play and back onto the KIA side. I hope this makes sense..

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
In the Infotainment setting, go to Device Connections and under Bluetooth > Bluetooth Devices, tap on the Cog/Settings icon next to the paired device and from there, uncheck "Audio Streaming" and see if that leaves it on Radio.

:Edit:
Oh, I just found out there's an option to Resume Media in the AA settings on the infotainment when your phone is connected... lol Not the settings of the infotainment itself but when you have the list of AA apps on the screen, AA has it's own settings on there.

For Carplay, there might be something similar? I don't have an Apple phone to try so I can't say where it would be... 😅

·
Registered
6 Posts
I just wish the screen wouldn’t auto go to the empty screen. Want it to stay on radio but constantly have to switch it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts