Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a 2022 K5 GT-Line AWD and saw some pictures online where there is a AWD emblem. Mine does not have it. My car does have AWD (I can see this in the infotainment screen where it shows power going to all 4 wheels).

Should I see if the dealer can get me an emblem? I don't see these for sale on the parts website.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5
16 Posts
Do you also see a Snow Mode when cycling through the Drive Modes?
If so then for some reason the emblem was not installed.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
I wondered if the 2022 models don't have the AWD emblem anymore. I stopped seeing them in the 2022 models. :unsure:

·
Registered
169 Posts
It looks cleaner without it anyways. You can find them online in many places if you really want one. Shark racing and others

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
74 Posts
are there going to be other people driving your car that need to know it’s all wheel drive? I mean you know it’s AWD right …
I'm not sure why you would imply I don't know what drivetrain my car has 🤷🏼‍♂️ when it's right next to my username

·
Registered
74 Posts
How would anyone know my car is a tuned GT Not gt line ? View attachment 1704 View attachment 1705
Anyone who knows anything about cars can recognize a debadged car, which means it's likely modified. Not that it always means it's a performance version.

In my case it's nice to see, because I didn't buy the GT Line to imitate a GT, and the AWD badge would definitely distinguish it. Are you a badgist? 😄

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
It's weird. From what had been said, it's speculated that the missing AWD badge is due to supply issues with said badge but...it's just a badge so I doubt it'd be some kind of supply issue, especially since you can still get them from places like ebay, and they are still good on all the other badges and for other cars. lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
Anyone who knows anything about cars can recognize a debadged car, which means it's likely modified. Not that it always means it's a performance version.

In my case it's nice to see, because I didn't buy the GT Line to imitate a GT, and the AWD badge would definitely distinguish it. Are you a badgist? 😄
Wow I laid that on pretty thick and you still didn’t get it, so I’ll type slower 😉 . I didn’t imply anything about you not knowing what kind of drivetrain you have nor am I a badgist.. I just find it hilarious that you want the AWD so “others” will know that it’s awd. Are you that concerned about impressing people with AWD? and would they be impressed Really 🤷‍♂️. Either way. Hope you get your badge lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
I'm not sure why you would imply I don't know what drivetrain my car has 🤷🏼‍♂️ when it's right next to my username
I figured it out.. someone stole the badge to put it on their car so others would think they had AWD. Your badge is on a Honda Accord sport somewhere 😂

·
Registered
74 Posts
Wow I laid that on pretty thick and you still didn’t get it, so I’ll type slower 😉 . I didn’t imply anything about you not knowing what kind of drivetrain you have nor am I a badgist.. I just find it hilarious that you want the AWD so “others” will know that it’s awd. Are you that concerned about impressing people with AWD? and would they be impressed Really 🤷‍♂️. Either way. Hope you get your badge lol
Apparently you have to be king of this topic, as I was being lighthearted... So I'll spell it out for you. What would be the point of having the badges on the car to show what it is when it's not even showing the correct model? So if that were the case then wouldn't I have taken my badges off? I didn't take my badges off if you couldn't tell. You are welcome to think the AWD badge in addition to the GT Line badge is too much. You thought the factory badges were too much. It's the internet, who cares.. if you enjoy the car?

·
Registered
74 Posts
I figured it out.. someone stole the badge to put it on their car so others would think they had AWD. Your badge is on a Honda Accord sport somewhere 😂
They are welcome to put whatever badge they want on their car... Like others have said, it's supposedly a stock shortage, yet you can buy them online from multiple places. In fact, the site for shark racing doesn't have the AWD emblem for sale, so there's that too...

1 - 20 of 30 Posts