Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a GT-Line and am having an occasional problem with my backup camera. It is occasionally not showing video it has a green screen and "No Camera Signal Received. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem? Hoping to point dealer in the right direction.

Thx

·
Registered
Wolf Grey K5 GT-Line, Magnetic Black 370z
49 Posts
I have a GT-Line and am having an occasional problem with my backup camera. It is occasionally not showing video it has a green screen and "No Camera Signal Received. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem? Hoping to point dealer in the right direction.

Thx
I personally haven't experienced anything like that. I definitely would take it to the dealer and show them. The next time it happens, record it on your phone and show them.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
Nope, nothing like this so far. My biggest complaint is my phone only seems to connect automatically about 50% of the time. It isn't a big deal to hit the connect phone button, but I shouldn't have to. 1st world problems.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I personally haven't experienced anything like that. I definitely would take it to the dealer and show them. The next time it happens, record it on your phone and show them.
I managed to grab pics and video, calling shop tomorrow.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
I'm thinking it might be a loose connection with the camera somewhere, either at the head unit or camera. Hopefully it's not the wiring and is just a connector loose.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
I'm thinking it might be a loose connection with the camera somewhere, either at the head unit or camera. Hopefully it's not the wiring and is just a connector loose.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Nope, nothing like this so far. My biggest complaint is my phone only seems to connect automatically about 50% of the time. It isn't a big deal to hit the connect phone button, but I shouldn't have to. 1st world problems.
I had this problem and noticed there was a VPN installed on my phone. Once I turned it off, it connected with no problems.

As for the green screen backup camara, I also have a GT-Line and haven't noticed it at all.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
I had this problem and noticed there was a VPN installed on my phone. Once I turned it off, it connected with no problems.
No VPN has ever been installed on this phone. Good thought though. It isn't a big deal, just disappointing. It's an unlocked S21+ in case others are having issues.

·
Registered
110 Posts
No VPN has ever been installed on this phone. Good thought though. It isn't a big deal, just disappointing. It's an unlocked S21+ in case others are having issues.
Maybe because it's unlocked? I have an S21+ too, I use Tmobile and it connected EVERY time...even if I don't want it to lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Does wireless Apple Carplay use Wi-Fi like Android Auto? Might explain why VPNs would affect connectivity.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
Maybe because it's unlocked? I have an S21+ too, I use Tmobile and it connected EVERY time...even if I don't want it to lol
Not sure. I leave bluetooth and Wi-Fi always enabled, so it should work. The only think I can think of is it is already connect to Wi-Fi in the house and isn't letting go of the current Wi-Fi signal quickly enough.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Not sure. I leave bluetooth and Wi-Fi always enabled, so it should work. The only think I can think of is it is already connect to Wi-Fi in the house and isn't letting go of the current Wi-Fi signal quickly enough.
Let me take a screenshot of my settings on my phone for you, hang on.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
Thanks for going to the trouble of doing that. We are on the same version of AA. and the only settings that were different were Preview incoming messages and silent notifications. I changed my settings to match yours, but it seems unlikely that would be the issue.

Ooh, I did have USB debugging turned on in developer options, so I turned it off. I wonder if that could be the cause.

·
Registered
110 Posts
I just checked my dev settings, USB debugging is turned off. My developer options are as follows:
Stay awake - Off
Enable BT HCI snoop log - disabled
Picture color mode - Use sRGB
Webview Implementation - Android System WebView
Auto Update - On
USB Debugging, Wireless debugging, Disable adb auth, 3GPP AT commands, bug report shortcut, verbose bedor logging, force full GNSS, Enable view attribute inspection - all off
Verify bytocode is on
Logger buffer sizes - 4M per log buffer
everything else in that catagory is turned off

I have Wi-Fi Scan Throttling turned on
Tethering hardward accelaration is on too
that's all that's turned on.

I think the USB debugging might have been it. What I would do is delete the phone off of the car system, plug your USB in and set it up again. I went weeks without my phone connecting wirelessly and man it drove me nuts lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
Yeah, everything else matches your settings. I did not even think about dev settings. when I was in the AA settings, there was an option at the top "connection help". when I selected it it said usb debugging was enabled and it can cause issues, so hopefully that is it. I can't even remember what I turned it on for. So, thanks again for getting me to take a 2nd look at the AA settings, otherwise I never would have seen that.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Yeah, everything else matches your settings. I did not even think about dev settings. when I was in the AA settings, there was an option at the top "connection help". when I selected it it said usb debugging was enabled and it can cause issues, so hopefully that is it. I can't even remember what I turned it on for. So, thanks again for getting me to take a 2nd look at the AA settings, otherwise I never would have seen that.
Anytime man, I'm glad I could help!

·
Registered
1 Posts

Thx

Thx
I’m having this same problem with my K5 that I recently purchased. I haven’t contacted my dealer yet, but were you able to fix this?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I’m having this same problem with my K5 that I recently purchased. I haven’t contacted my dealer yet, but were you able to fix this?
It has behaved more recently and has not reocurred again. I'm not travelling enough lately to require scheduled maintenance yet. I called the dealer apparently not a common/known issue. Will post an update if I have more info after 1st service.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts