Kia K5 Forum banner

Back up Camera - problem

28K views 70 replies 33 participants last post by  KunoMochi 
#1 ·
I have a GT-Line and am having an occasional problem with my backup camera. It is occasionally not showing video it has a green screen and "No Camera Signal Received. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem? Hoping to point dealer in the right direction.

Thx

#2 ·
I have a GT-Line and am having an occasional problem with my backup camera. It is occasionally not showing video it has a green screen and "No Camera Signal Received. Please try again later."

Has anyone else had this problem? Hoping to point dealer in the right direction.

Thx
I personally haven't experienced anything like that. I definitely would take it to the dealer and show them. The next time it happens, record it on your phone and show them.

#15 ·
I just checked my dev settings, USB debugging is turned off. My developer options are as follows:
Stay awake - Off
Enable BT HCI snoop log - disabled
Picture color mode - Use sRGB
Webview Implementation - Android System WebView
Auto Update - On
USB Debugging, Wireless debugging, Disable adb auth, 3GPP AT commands, bug report shortcut, verbose bedor logging, force full GNSS, Enable view attribute inspection - all off
Verify bytocode is on
Logger buffer sizes - 4M per log buffer
everything else in that catagory is turned off

I have Wi-Fi Scan Throttling turned on
Tethering hardward accelaration is on too
that's all that's turned on.

I think the USB debugging might have been it. What I would do is delete the phone off of the car system, plug your USB in and set it up again. I went weeks without my phone connecting wirelessly and man it drove me nuts lol

#16 ·
Yeah, everything else matches your settings. I did not even think about dev settings. when I was in the AA settings, there was an option at the top "connection help". when I selected it it said usb debugging was enabled and it can cause issues, so hopefully that is it. I can't even remember what I turned it on for. So, thanks again for getting me to take a 2nd look at the AA settings, otherwise I never would have seen that.

#18 ·

Thx

Thx
I’m having this same problem with my K5 that I recently purchased. I haven’t contacted my dealer yet, but were you able to fix this?

#22 ·

Thx

Ihave a 2022 Kia K5 GT Line and just started having this issue today. Did you get yours resolved?!

#27 ·
How do you reset unit? I've also experienced some of my preset radio stations disappearing once and wonder if it's all part of the same problem. Auto windshield wipers went "nuts" first day I had car. Perhaps all related to a faulty relay/module?

#26 ·
Same issue with my 2022 Stinger GT1. Let me know if someone figures it out. It's happened twice. 1200 miles. This time, screen was completely black initially in reverse. Put in drive, normal screen. Back to reverse, flickering video to green connection screen. Pressing video button on console didn't do anything. Didn't light up. Nothing.

#29 ·

Thx
I’m experiencing the same thing on mine. I’ve had a bit over a month and I went to back up today and it’s flashing the green screen. Did you find a fix for yours?

#34 ·
Yeah I have a 2022 Kia k5 gt-line and had it less than a week 460 miles and it started last night. Went to back it up and screen was black. I put it in drive than back in reverse and I got a flashing green screen. I pressed the camera settings and everything spazzed out, the audio got all weird. Idk what caused it but no new car should have that type of problem this early on.

#37 ·
I took mine in. Had to show them the video or they weren't going to accept it was happening randomly... Anyways, I have to bring it back but the technician told me, "several '22s are doing it. We're having to replace connections one by one. If they still have the problem after replacing one, then we replace the next one down the line, and so on." That means Kia has no idea why they're doing it and you'll likely have to bring your car back over and over until it goes away. I am betting money it's not a connection at all but the actual head unit since others are reporting noise from speakers.

#39 ·
We all need to try to figure out how to replicate it. Has anyone lost any preset radio stations? I experienced that too. It could be related.

Also, and this may be unrelated especially since I have a stinger, but can someone try this experiment? You need to be going over 25 mph and with your foot on the accelerator find a long, sharp turn to go around. No need to go very fast, but you MUST be on the gas. Do you hear anything coming from under steering column?

#41 ·
I bought my 22 K5 gt line in July. A week in I had the same issue took it to the dealer. They had to order a part saying there was a short in the antenna. They “fixed it” and again this month I’m having the same issue again. Made another appointment to take it in again.
Plant Output device Home appliance Vehicle Gadget

Font Style Line Material property Pattern

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.