Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Traditionally I've always had light colored car. The last being white. But I'm here to tell ya, cleaning black on black in the Florida sun is no joke! I eventually got it shined up pretty good. Also what does every use as a protectant? I've been using the turtle wax wet wax ceramic. I'm always down to try new products.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
I've been using Turtle Wax Ceramic Graphene spray wax from their Hybrid Solutions line when drying. I like the fact that I can use it as a spray and rinse product to cut down on the dry time. But under that, I usually do a polish and wax then use their Ceramic Spray Coat as a topper. As I don't have any indoor space to apply a proper ceramic coat, the spray is easy and fast to apply, especially in the Florida heat.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line
24 Posts
Traditionally I've always had light colored car. The last being white. But I'm here to tell ya, cleaning black on black in the Florida sun is no joke! I eventually got it shined up pretty good. Also what does every use as a protectant? I've been using the turtle wax wet wax ceramic. I'm always down to try new products.
Florida black GT Line here...I also use what you are using and am pretty happy with it. I only ever wash/wax in the evenings, too difficult during the day, and you will burn yourself on the car. I also have a great car wash plan, so I am going several times a week. The biggest concern is if you are close to a beach, you get the salt water mist within minutes, or the reclaimed irrigation water which leaves killer water spots. Other than that, welcome to black ownership in Florida :)

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Florida black GT Line here...I also use what you are using and am pretty happy with it. I only ever wash/wax in the evenings, too difficult during the day, and you will burn yourself on the car. I also have a great car wash plan, so I am going several times a week. The biggest concern is if you are close to a beach, you get the salt water mist within minutes, or the reclaimed irrigation water which leaves killer water spots. Other than that, welcome to black ownership in Florida :)
Oh I grew up on the beach. F that salt! 😆

·
Registered
7 Posts
Mine is black also, and my first black vehicle too. It shows everything! I`ve been trying different waxes, the last one is a turtle wax made for black cars. It seems to work ok. I`m gonna bite the bullet and have it professionally ceramic coated. I live in Ga but grew up in S Fla, Hollywood.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts