Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a way to get the blow off valve sound came across this one on fb thought id share it because I did it right away

·
Registered
51 Posts
Huh. I did it on mine and within the 1st hour she threw a check engine light. Threw a lean code and a rich code! Mine did not like it at all, was running rough also. I put it back to stock and it's running normal again.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Really that's interesting I've been driving it like this for a week and didn't have any issues so far. I'm not sure what could've caused that did you do anything different?

·
Registered
51 Posts
I opened it up completely, full throttle. And at some point after that, the light came on, then, it would idle rough for a few seconds upon startup. It would even out pretty quickly, but acceleration was definitely diminished. The code wouldn't clear either. After I put it back to stock, it still wouldn't clear. I did notice the acceleration was back right away. I drove it for a few days stock with the light on. Then yesterday, I opened her all the way up again and I noticed the light was off a short time later. I didn't actually see the light come on or go off. I'm merely speculating on the causes.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
That's crazy me and two other people did the same exact set up and no one ran into an issue like that. Those other guys have intakes now with the same hose deleted and they don't have any issues.This one's definitely a head scratcher.

·
Registered
51 Posts
For sure. What intakes are they running? The Forte 1.6? If so, how did they reuse or bypass the mass air flow sensor? I've been on the fence about going that direction, but after these issues. I think I'll wait. I also have a pedal commander installed. Which changes the frequency of your electronic throttle to give you more throttle response. Maybe that is contributing to my issues....

·
Registered
51 Posts
The filter goes on the intake end, so that unfiltered air doesn't go into your engine. The hose is removed completely. The other end of the house goes to the diverter (blow off) valve. Since it's only pushing air out (in theory) doesn't need to have a filter

·
Registered
1 Posts
The reason you're getting check codes is so to the filter being on the intake the port needs plugged so it doesn't suck air behind the mass air flow meter

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The reason you're getting check codes is so to the filter being on the intake the port needs plugged so it doesn't suck air behind the mass air flow meter
I’ve been rocking it like this for 3 months still haven’t got a check engine light and I drive it pretty hard I’m not sure why that’s happened ?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
What the heck is a blow off valve and what does this modification do?
I take it that this is just for the 'stututu or 'psssh' sound. A blow-off valve relieves extra boost pressure accumulated from the turbo out of the system. A diverter valve is essentially a blow off valve but 'diverts' it back into the intake to keep the pressure high.

Since it looks like the car already has a diverter valve in place, the exhaust from valve can be disconnected to essentially make it a blow-off valve.

That's my takeaway from it at least.

·
Registered
48 Posts
This is true. I plugged the hole behind the air flow sensor (where the blue filter is) and left the hose hanging. I didn’t even have to remove the hose from the other end. You get more air sound right around 3k rpm give or take. Been driving it like that for about a week and no lights or issues.

·
Registered
50 Posts

Came across this today. Thoughts? It appears to be pretty much exactly what the op did. I do wonder though since the air gets diverted behind the mass air flow sensor does doing this cause your engine to run rich since air its assuming it's getting is being released to atmosphere instead?

1 - 20 of 25 Posts