Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a KIA K5 GT 2021, and I really find it frustrating that my phone doesn't auto start playing music when I get in the car. Meaning, it DOES auto connect the Bluetooth, but I have to go Audio menu, then hit Bluetooth Audio, and THEN it starts to play. But EVERY time I get in the car. Any ideas on how to change that? Every other car I just get in and then start playing my music and it plays. Any ideas?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
I have the smaller 8-inch screen with wireless Android Auto. Once it connects, it autoplays the last song on my Spotify playlist.

Are you trying to play a playlist from another source other than through AA/AC?

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
73 Posts
Same as KunoMochi but I have the 10pm hair screen. As long as I turn off the car in the Bluetooth audio mode, when I get in and my music app is on, the music will start playing automatically after it connects.
Does it not auto play for you under these circumstances? Which phone are you using and which music app?

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Same as KunoMochi but I have the 10pm hair screen. As long as I turn off the car in the Bluetooth audio mode, when I get in and my music app is on, the music will start playing automatically after it connects.
Does it not auto play for you under these circumstances? Which phone are you using and which music app?
Hi All. I have a new Iphone and it DOES connect to make calls automatically. But in order to play music I have to go into media and choose Bluetooth Audio. Very annoying.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
And you said you have the larger 10.25" screen, the one with 1 dial? I just wanted to clarify since the smaller 8" screen has wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay, and the UI is different between them.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
And you said you have the larger 10.25" screen, the one with 1 dial? I just wanted to clarify since the smaller 8" screen has wireless Android Auto/Apple Carplay, and the UI is different between them.
I think I was wrong and I do have the 8 inch one with carplay. Sorry. I just want to know how to set my car to AUTOMATICALLY turn on the radio/media on start? Currnetly it auto connects to bluetooth for phone automatically but the radio or bluetooth audio is set to OFF until I click it every time.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a KIA K5 GT 2021, and I really find it frustrating that my phone doesn't auto start playing music when I get in the car. Meaning, it DOES auto connect the Bluetooth, but I have to go Audio menu, then hit Bluetooth Audio, and THEN it starts to play. But EVERY time I get in the car. Any ideas on how to change that? Every other car I just get in and then start playing my music and it plays. Any ideas?
Mine does the same, I thought I was the only one lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts