Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I knew off rip that the BOSE setup in my 22 GT would be crap. So my good friend and I set out to design a new setup for my car as soon as I took delivery. I will be posting pictures of the installation here so stay tuned....

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
So, are you driving only the rear doors, rear decks and new sub with the amp, and keeping the head unit?
No the only thing run by the bose amp are the tweets and center channel on the front dash and the 3½ on the rear deck.
Now the front door 6½ and 3½, rear door 6½ and trunk 10" sub are run by the SKAR 900W 5 channel amp

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I'm a Sundown Audio guy myself... I figured maybe you went with Skar Audio because it's cheap... to each his own... Skar is still an upgrade though... hope it sounds good... congrats
Sundown is good 👍 but don't kick Skar audio because of its price they can out perform alot of other manufacturers.. research it

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
29 Posts
I've done enough research and comparisons to gather my own personal opinion on this subject... much more than your average person would... I'm not your average bass head or audiophile and I'm not some weird Sundown fanboy that thinks everything else sucks... I don't think Skar is bad... it's a pretty good bang for your buck... they're somewhat similar to Sundown as well... the quality isn't quite the same though... the reason I was asking, mostly, is because the majority of people that I talked to went with Skar Audio because it was cheap... they're loud but the quality could be better... which is why I chose Sundown... that last part is just my personal opinion... I'm not knocking Skar... they're pretty decent... again, I hope it gives you the sound you're looking for... are you adding a sub in the trunk as well? I like to feel my music as much as I hear it when I'm on the highway... lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I've done enough research and comparisons to gather my own personal opinion on this subject... much more than your average person would... I'm not your average bass head or audiophile and I'm not some weird Sundown fanboy that thinks everything else sucks... I don't think Skar is bad... it's a pretty good bang for your buck... they're somewhat similar to Sundown as well... the quality isn't quite the same though... the reason I was asking, mostly, is because the majority of people that I talked to went with Skar Audio because it was cheap... they're loud but the quality could be better... which is why I chose Sundown... that last part is just my personal opinion... I'm not knocking Skar... they're pretty decent... again, I hope it gives you the sound you're looking for... are you adding a sub in the trunk as well? I like to feel my music as much as I hear it when I'm on the highway... lol
Yes I'm putting in a 10" dual 4ohm bridged to 2 ohms

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
29 Posts
Yeah I noticed in the pictures after I replied earlier... are you using anything to keep the amp cool? They don't have built in fans... might keep that in mind if you run into any problems... where are you running your power cable? I just poked a hole into the grommet behind the brake pedal and ran my 0 awg through it... works great...

1 - 20 of 28 Posts