Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I’ve had my car (2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD) for about 2 months now. A few weeks ago, my dashboard lit up and told me to check my forward collision system, blind spot system, etc. The diagnostic codes from the UVO app are P022100, C174181, and C136081. Anyone else have this issue/know how to fix it? Service appointment in 2 weeks.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Update: Went to my Kia appointment today and the mechanic gave me a print out of the diagnostic codes.

There was a communication failure with the MLM, PSM, and SHVU-R systems.
The diagnostic codes are due to issues with the throttle position sensor 1/2 signal circuit range (P012100/P022100) and throttle actuator control motor current range (P211800). There was also diagnostic code for CAN wrong message form ECM (C161308). There were 2 other codes I previously had that didn’t show up during the test.

The mechanic told me it’s basically a communication issue between the car engine and the computer system. They can’t open up my center console to find out what the issue is until Kia Manufacturing gives them the go ahead since there’s certain protocols to follow. The issue could be due to a loose wire, or a bad part, or some other reason, but they won’t know until they can open it up. I will hopefully hear back next week to see when I can bring my car in again and find out what the plan to fix is.

Currently, they removed the diagnostic codes and my car has been driving fine with all the safety features turned back on and working. The phone charging slot does not work. I had to jumpstart my car the other day so they ran a battery health and the results were good.

Will update again when I find out more!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts