Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone purchased from this company?

Good products? would not buy from?

About to spend 2200 bucks and really prefer to get a quality product.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
41 Posts

I've also been looking at this and want to get. But I would go directly to ardo's website and buy from them, not a vendor like sxth element. This is because they have a package deal with almost all the skirts and lips and is a discounted price since you are buying all of them.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Just purchased and thanks for the go to ardo directly. saved 800.00 purchasing directly. Got the whole kit, front Spliter, side skirts and rear diffuser. Now just gotta find someone to help me install them.

·
Registered
4 Posts

I just purchased the full kit and the stuff is excellent quality.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
41 Posts
Yea, Carbon fiber kit shipped today. Arriving on Saturday.
Make sure to post a few pics when you get it all installed. I've heard that the install is pretty straight forward since the parts are made specifically for a K5 and not universal like many out there. However, the rear diffuser might be a challenge cuz I've heard that you will have to modify it to fit the GT with the quad tip exhaust. Again, not too hard if you have the right tools.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Will post pics when done. If the rear diffuser requires modification, That one might have to wait depending on needed tools for any modification. I looked at the online installation instructions, Pictures included looks like it is straight forward, Could not read to written part. Hopefully the ones I get with the parts will be in English instead of Korean. LOL

Looks like 8 screws and bolts fr the splitter, about 10 for each side skirt, and 8 for the rear diffuser.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
41 Posts
Will post pics when done. If the rear diffuser requires modification, That one might have to wait depending on needed tools for any modification. I looked at the online installation instructions, Pictures included looks like it is straight forward, Could not read to written part. Hopefully the ones I get with the parts will be in English instead of Korean. LOL

Looks like 8 screws and bolts fr the splitter, about 10 for each side skirt, and 8 for the rear diffuser.
So I've been looking at these ever since I got my K5 and earlier this year the description on their website specifically said that you would have to modify the diffuser for the GT trim. It doesn't say that anymore. From my understanding, the rear diffuser will fit GT-line models with the fake exhaust tips perfectly and for GT models you have to cut the lower portion away that would otherwise be below the fake exhaust tips. Very interested in finding out what is true. If you say that no modification is needed I'll probably order them right then and there lol. Did you also get the rear spoiler too?

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Did not get the rear spoiler at this time. Was not part of the kit with the discounted group price. If everything looks like I expect, will probably get it too in a month or so. Really waiting for some of the interior CF stuff to replace some of the hard plastic.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My delivery of splitter, side skirts and rear diffuser just delivered. Getting up early to get them installed in the morning before it gets too hot here. 102 with a 110 heat index by noonish here.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Found a coworker that will let me use his garage next weekend, Even does all the work on his own car and has a lift. should be pretty easy to get done. For a case of beer he is going to help too.

·
Registered
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Well splitter and side skirts installed. Looked at the rear diffuser and too much modification needed for proper fit for someone like me who is not good was that kinds of adjustments. One of our mechanics at work should be able to help for a case of beer or something on a weekend.

Pictures of the final product below.

Was pretty easy to install. fit well without much adjustments, a couple of simple push or pull 1/2 inch or so to get to the right spot at the ends. Took less than 2 hours from pulling into garage until backing out (including clean up.

Tools needed: screw gun with Philips head and proper sized drill bit for the bolts (had to drill 6 holes for the splitter install, flat tip screw driver, socket wrench with 10 MM socket, and 10 mm open end wrench.
Land vehicle Car Vehicle Grille Automotive tire

Automotive parking light Grille Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

Automotive parking light Automotive tail & brake light Vehicle Hood Automotive tire

One more thing, installing the splitter works much easier if you disconnect the cover on the bottom of the car, much easier to get the bolts and nuts in. (3 bolts and about 8 of round plastic connectors to loosen up the front of the cover to get your hands to where they need to be to install the bolts.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,126 Posts
Damn, that's looking good! Can't wait to see the whole thing once you get the rear diffuser installed too. One thing I never noticed in their images is that the bit right before the wings for the side skirts kind of has a twist. That little detail actually makes it look more interesting.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts