Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone

anyone faced an issue or have an experience with Apply Carplay in the 10inch screen.

it’s only connecting via usb cable but by Bluetooth I couldn’t to connect!
I did alot of troubleshooting but still no hope to be connect by Bluetooth .

·
Registered
5 Posts
The 10 inch screens do not have wireless Android Auto or wireless Carplay, only the smaller 8 inch screens do. Why Kia made them that way is a mystery, but if you want wireless Carplay, you'll have to buy an adapter if you've got the larger screen.

You can connect via Bluetooth for music listening or making phone calls, though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
It is not a mystery it is a limitation in the licensing. The 10.25 inch screen is android OS based. While the smaller screen is Linux based. The 10.25 inch screen has the capability to do it physically and hardware wise but is limited in software. I am looking for a way to get around this and hope we can soon.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
It is not a mystery it is a limitation in the licensing. The 10.25 inch screen is android OS based. While the smaller screen is Linux based. The 10.25 inch screen has the capability to do it physically and hardware wise but is limited in software. I am looking for a way to get around this and hope we can soon.
I hope we could find jailbroken way to get this benefit in our screen

1 - 4 of 4 Posts