Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just had my 2021 GT-Line (Sapphire Blue) professionally ceramic coated. IMO it looks even better than "showroom"! I am really impressed with the depth and luster it has given my paint, and offset by 20% ceramic tinted windows all the way around. I have front/rear badges as well as wheel center caps to install this weekend that are the "L" looking logo. Lastly, I have blue stainless steel door striker covers to intall in the jams of all 4 doors. LOVE my K5!

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
85 Posts
Yeah, that's looking like colored chrome, looks slick. I can't wait to get my 22 PD'ed and ceramic coated. Any car bought new from a dealer will look better after taking it to a professional

·
Registered
205 Posts
I just had my 2021 GT-Line (Sapphire Blue) professionally ceramic coated. IMO it looks even better than "showroom"! I am really impressed with the depth and luster it has given my paint, and offset by 20% ceramic tinted windows all the way around. I have front/rear badges as well as wheel center caps to install this weekend that are the "L" looking logo. Lastly, I have blue stainless steel door striker covers to intall in the jams of all 4 doors. LOVE my K5! View attachment 1586
NickyP that looks awesome! What coating did they use and how many layers are stacked on there?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks everyone! I researched a few places and products and decided All-Pro Detail in Newtown PA was the place to go with the best product & professionalism. @Andrew72, $1220 total: 1)full wash and exterior detail including any paint correction/webbing prior to ceramic application, 2)$895 for TWO coats CQuartz 2.0 on all exterior areas of paint/panels/chrome/rims/wheels/inside wheel barrel, and plastic; I added 3) $175 top coat of Gliss Xtreme (for enhanced water sheeting) on all aforementioned areas; added 4) $150 FORTE front/rear windshield and all other windows ceramic coating, and 5) they threw in Car-Pro Blackout 6-month tire dressing at no cost. Ceramic coating ('CC') is guaranteed for two years. Just do the research and know what you want as not all CC’s are the same/as promised- there a number of CC options; I compared and read reviews/watched demos on YouTube of Opti-Coat vs CQuartz 2.0 as from what I read these two are the industry leaders, and decided on the latter.

Needless to say, the days of me taking my car through the aggressive and harsh chemicals drive-thru wash are OVER, lol. It's all handwash from here out to maintain and protect the protective coatings! And washing it is sooooo easy after the CC.

For hand washing and on-going care, I use the Car Pro products recommended to me from the detailer at Pro Detailing Products | Sky’s the Limit Car Care. The solutions are formulated to not harm or wear down your paint or any surface applications such as CC. If anyone is interested, I can itemize the list of stuff I purchased to wash and care for my car, including an easy-to-use spray application (Car-Pro RELOAD) to top up my vehicles protection every few months.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Does it help your trade in value when you go to buy a new car in 3-5 years?

I will admit that the ceramic looks cool and all, but I could never bring myself to spend over $2000 on it with the added benefit that I "get" to hand wash it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
40 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does it help your trade in value when you go to buy a new car in 3-5 years?

I will admit that the ceramic looks cool and all, but I could never bring myself to spend over $2000 on it with the added benefit that I "get" to hand wash it.
@DFranch thanks for the compliments. Probably doesn't help trade-in value, lol.

Yeah, it's pricey, ($1200, not $2000), but the way I look at it is that the investment I made for $1300 ($1200 plus $100 online solutions to hand wash and upkeep) will pay itself back after 2 years compared to what I was paying weekly for quickie drive-thru wash and monthly drive-thru "triple foam/undercarriage/clear coat protectant/hand dry" nonsense and every 4-6 month paying someone to hand wax my former car. In addition it won't be subject to the abrasive wear-and-tear a drive-thru wash places on your car's paint and finish year after year.

Plus, it gives me a sense of pride and ownership and something to do in some of my spare time, in my otherwise fun, yet uneventful life, lol. 🤷‍♂️:LOL:

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
85 Posts
Not asking about the hydrophobic properties, but how slippery is the ceramic coat with a towel when washing? If you haven't yet, that's cool just let me know, only bc I've seen two very capable ceramic coatings used side by side but one was a lot harder to move a towel over, which makes hand washing a chore!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
@DFranch thanks for the compliments. Probably doesn't help trade-in value, lol.

Yeah, it's pricey, ($1200, not $2000), but the way I look at it is that the investment I made for $1300 ($1200 plus $100 online solutions to hand wash and upkeep) will pay itself back after 2 years compared to what I was paying weekly for quickie drive-thru wash and monthly drive-thru "triple foam/undercarriage/clear coat protectant/hand dry" nonsense and every 4-6 month paying someone to hand wax my former car. In addition it won't be subject to the abrasive wear-and-tear a drive-thru wash places on your car's paint and finish year after year.

Plus, it gives me a sense of pride and ownership and something to do in some of my spare time, in my otherwise fun, yet uneventful life, lol. 🤷‍♂️:LOL:
Oops, I misread the numbers in your previous post. I was adding the $1200 to the other numbers, now I see it was $1200 total then you itemized the costs.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I just had my 2021 GT-Line (Sapphire Blue) professionally ceramic coated. IMO it looks even better than "showroom"! I am really impressed with the depth and luster it has given my paint, and offset by 20% ceramic tinted windows all the way around. I have front/rear badges as well as wheel center caps to install this weekend that are the "L" looking logo. Lastly, I have blue stainless steel door striker covers to intall in the jams of all 4 doors. LOVE my K5! View attachment 1586
Ceramic coating is amazing! I use to apply ceramic coating! Such a cool process! I had it on my BLACK 2019 Forte and it helped A LOT

Definitely a lot easier to apply to white 😅🥲😍

·
Registered
20 Posts

to help with the questions about how amazing ceramic coating is. I parked it before the snow started and it repelled ALL of it 😍👌🏼 I highly recommend ceramic coating.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts