Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. Is there any way to change wheel color semi permanently, similar to vinyl wrapping? I'm only asking because I'd rather not permanently change the stock wheels 1) in case I want the factory look back, and 2) if I ever trade the car in or sell it.

Would I be better off buying aftermarket wheels? That's certainly an option, I just didn't know if I had other options with the stock wheels.

Mostly looking to try some gloss black wheels. I have the Gravity Gray EX, windows tinted, etc, and I think black wheels would look nice.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Plasti dip although people give it a bad name but if it's applied properly it will remove easy they have glossifier kits for it as well

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Plasti dip although people give it a bad name but if it's applied properly it will remove easy they have glossifier kits for it as well
I thought so, but the couple of local shops I called said they don't do that because it doesn't work well. -_-

·
Registered
19 Posts
They rather sell you new rims and tires versus a selling you a $8 rattle can lol do what you like not what they want you to do lol

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They rather sell you new rims and tires versus a selling you a $8 rattle can lol do what you like not what they want you to do lol
Haha yeah I definitely believe that. That's why I asked here, because I figured that was the case.

·
Registered
19 Posts
There's a lot of DIY videos on YouTube I've seen some on wheels before if it's done right looks like powder coated

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'll give it a look. I've watched some videos on plasti dip before, but don't know if I have the patience for it. -_- I'll look again though, because I'd certainly prefer DIY.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Plasti dip wheels always look awful. A powdercoating wheel shop will powdercoat your wheels gloss black for about $800. That's what it takes to do it right. But at that point you could spend the money on another set of black wheels and more easily return the car to stock when you're done.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I gotta agree with that as well being its on topic do you know the bolt pattern? Is it 5x114.3

·
Registered
19 Posts
I gotta agree with that as well being its on topic do you know the bolt pattern? Is it 5x114.3

·
Registered
23 Posts
I believe that is the correct Kia K5 bolt pattern from what I'm seeing online, but I'm not sure. It would be helpful if anyone could confirm bolt pattern and offset.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Plasti dip wheels always look awful. A powdercoating wheel shop will powdercoat your wheels gloss black for about $800. That's what it takes to do it right. But at that point you could spend the money on another set of black wheels and more easily return the car to stock when you're done.
Thanks, I watched videos in plasti dip and it does seem to look pretty cruddy. Not what I'm looking for. Eh, I'll just shop around for some aftermarket wheels. :p

I believe that is the correct Kia K5 bolt pattern from what I'm seeing online, but I'm not sure. It would be helpful if anyone could confirm bolt pattern and offset.
Where'd you see that online? Because I've not been able to find anything, whether same or different from the suggested 5x114.3.

·
Administrator
12 Posts
I reached out to Kia to get a solid answer for the forum.

Kia's media team says this answer is straight from the engineering team.

16x6.5J ET43mm

18x7.5J ET50.5mm

Bolt pattern 5-114.3mm (5x4.5”)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts