Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I AM LEASING A 2021 K5 , IT NOW HAS 3653 MILES ON IT .I HAVE HAD IT SINCE 06/07/2021 TOMORROW I WILL BE TAKING IT TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT FOR THE 4TH TIME FOR THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT THAT KEEPS COMING ON. THE 2ND TIME THEY KEPT THE VEHICLE FOR 23 DAYS AWAITING A PART. WELL 4 DAYS AFTER THE NEW PART WAS REPLACED . CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME BACK ON , TOOK IT IN THEY SAY IT WAS AN HISTORICAL CODE . CLEARED IT AND NOW I'M GOING BACK AGAIN. WTF???

·
Registered
2 Posts
i have 2a 2022 K5 GT, at 153 miles, tge CHECK ENFGINE LIGHT WENT, The service said it was bad fuek, they put some additive and hen runs out, fill it up with Premium and it will go away, I did and the light went back on. it even blnked twice and this means you shoukd stop, It has ben at the dealer since Sep 7, The dealer couod not fix it and contacted KIA, Supposedly, KIA told them what needed to be done, I was told I would receive daily updstes. did her a thing today,,,, But I did out from technicion st a very Large Kia Dealer nearby that are having electrical issues on the K5Gt and Stinger,, Ny xcar has 700 miles and I am at ground zero & very frustrated . I filed a clsim with Consumer Relations and so far, they have no feedback whatsoever, But I still to make the payment, I feel this a lemon and ubfixable!!! ANY COMMENTS ON THIS CATASTROPHESEER

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
If it's the same error, it might not even be the sensor itself but somewhere along the connection to the sensor.

@StanSilv
Do you usually fill up with Top Tier gas? It's a type of gas with detergents in it to provide a cleaning effect on the engine cylinders and prevent carbon build up there. You can find a list of Top Tier stations below.

Many car manufacturers are beginning to recommend filling up with Top Tier gas in newer cars nowadays. Kia recommends it in the owner's manual, as does Toyota, Audi, VW, and others. Places like Chevron, Citgo, Costco, Exxon, Mobil, Shell, Sunoco, Texaco, Valero, and others are the most common brands you'll see that are Top Tier. Be sure to check the list if you are unsure about the gas stations you usually go to.

·
Registered
205 Posts
i have 2a 2022 K5 GT, at 153 miles, tge CHECK ENFGINE LIGHT WENT, The service said it was bad fuek, they put some additive and hen runs out, fill it up with Premium and it will go away, I did and the light went back on. it even blnked twice and this means you shoukd stop, It has ben at the dealer since Sep 7, The dealer couod not fix it and contacted KIA, Supposedly, KIA told them what needed to be done, I was told I would receive daily updstes. did her a thing today,,,, But I did out from technicion st a very Large Kia Dealer nearby that are having electrical issues on the K5Gt and Stinger,, Ny xcar has 700 miles and I am at ground zero & very frustrated . I filed a clsim with Consumer Relations and so far, they have no feedback whatsoever, But I still to make the payment, I feel this a lemon and ubfixable!!! ANY COMMENTS ON THIS CATASTROPHESEER
First question what is the CEL code? Is it for misfires?

If yes then I personally have been through this and yes it is no fun. When the manual talks about top tier fuel for the 2.5T it isn't a suggestion, it's a requirement.

Of note premium fuel from a non top tier station does not help. In fact that is what caused me issues.

You need to run that tank down as empty as you can fill up with clean top tier fuel and only use top tier fuel.

·
Registered
205 Posts
The claim is its a coolant flow sensor that lost communication causing the light to come on. It was replaced still light comes on. sounds like misdiagnosis or need to look at wires to and from sensor.
Loose harness somewhere. They are going to have to trace it...

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Is there something wrong with your keyboard? Lol. What code did they get?

·
Registered
2 Posts
i dont know except is an engine p
ENGINE MISFIRWS
CODE GLOBAL0B02 P0201 DTC SEVERITY 2 OF 3
GLOBAL CODE CYLINDER MISFIRED
GLOBAL OBD2 PO304 PERMANENT, CYLINDER 4 MISFIR
GLPBAL OB02
PO4---/ B PERMANENT RANDOM MISFIRE
I WAS TOLD IT IS DWFINITELY THE ENGIRE AND I THINK THRY MAY TAKE IT OUT

DOES NOT SOUND PROMISING.

MY DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT & KIA TECH HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSING.. SO FSR NOTHIN. IT RAN HARD AND STRUGGLED GOING THRU TGE EARS,

I AM AT MY WITSEND

·
Registered
205 Posts
i dont know except is an engine p

ENGINE MISFIRWS

CODE GLOBAL0B02 P0201 DTC SEVERITY 2 OF 3
GLOBAL CODE CYLINDER MISFIRED
GLOBAL OBD2 PO304 PERMANENT, CYLINDER 4 MISFIR
GLPBAL OB02
PO4---/ B PERMANENT RANDOM MISFIRE
I WAS TOLD IT IS DWFINITELY THE ENGIRE AND I THINK THRY MAY TAKE IT OUT

DOES NOT SOUND PROMISING.

MY DEALER SERVICE DEPARTMENT & KIA TECH HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSING.. SO FSR NOTHIN. IT RAN HARD AND STRUGGLED GOING THRU TGE EARS,

I AM AT MY WITSEND
First. Take off capslock when message. It makes them easier to read.

Second i have had this identical fault. Where do you live and where did you buy your fuel? These 2 things are really important.

Also are you sure they said something about engine replacement? Not spark plugs or coils?

Did they say they were going to RESET the engine? Because that's not same as replace.

Read through the 2 strings I linked below and please message back some details so we can help you.

·
Registered
13 Posts
I AM LEASING A 2021 K5 , IT NOW HAS 3653 MILES ON IT .I HAVE HAD IT SINCE 06/07/2021 TOMORROW I WILL BE TAKING IT TO THE SERVICE DEPARTMENT FOR THE 4TH TIME FOR THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT THAT KEEPS COMING ON. THE 2ND TIME THEY KEPT THE VEHICLE FOR 23 DAYS AWAITING A PART. WELL 4 DAYS AFTER THE NEW PART WAS REPLACED . CHECK ENGINE LIGHT CAME BACK ON , TOOK IT IN THEY SAY IT WAS AN HISTORICAL CODE . CLEARED IT AND NOW I'M GOING BACK AGAIN. WTF???
Did they write the code/s found on the ticket?

·
Registered
8 Posts
If it's the same error, it might not even be the sensor itself but somewhere along the connection to the sensor.

@StanSilv
Do you usually fill up with Top Tier gas? It's a type of gas with detergents in it to provide a cleaning effect on the engine cylinders and prevent carbon build up there. You can find a list of Top Tier stations below.

Many car manufacturers are beginning to recommend filling up with Top Tier gas in newer cars nowadays. Kia recommends it in the owner's manual, as does Toyota, Audi, VW, and others. Places like Chevron, Citgo, Costco, Exxon, Mobil, Shell, Sunoco, Texaco, Valero, and others are the most common brands you'll see that are Top Tier. Be sure to check the list if you are unsure about the gas stations you usually go to.
Interesting, honestly because my car is a lease I have just been going to Arco, which states it is top-tier, mind you I use premium and I have a 2019 BMW 330 I, but I’m looking to get a K5 GT or custom order one in the next couple weeks. But perhaps when I get my Kia K5 I will continue going to Arco and probably use some octane booster🤷🏻‍♂️😅

·
Registered
205 Posts
Interesting, honestly because my car is a lease I have just been going to Arco, which states it is top-tier, mind you I use premium and I have a 2019 BMW 330 I, but I’m looking to get a K5 GT or custom order one in the next couple weeks. But perhaps when I get my Kia K5 I will continue going to Arco and probably use some octane booster🤷🏻‍♂️😅
Careful with fuel additives. The only kia recommended additive is chevron techron and only one occurrence per oil change interval.

Honestly I don't think premium helps with daily driving. I get my best mileage out of just 87

·
Registered
8 Posts
Careful with fuel additives. The only kia recommended additive is chevron techron and only one occurrence per oil change interval.

Honestly I don't think premium helps with daily driving. I get my best mileage out of just 87
Interesting, I do not have my Kia yet but I will definitely do my research, I’ve been you using Lucas fuel treatment for years, and then in my BMW I use Octane brand octane booster’s. I’ve been tempted to put 87 in my BMW, minimum is 89 I’m sure it’ll be fine, my dad always used 87 in his leased S classes, 2017 S550, and then now 2020 S560 never had any check engine codes, he’s definitely a cheap ass lmao

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have 10k on my 22 GT and it runs 90% of the time on Top Tier 87 fro either Marathon or QT. Best mileage I have had on a run over 30 miles is 35.7 mpg (cruise set at 78)

Longest run was 381 miles for 32.5
Speed varied between 65 - 90

Both runs on 87

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have 10k on my 22 GT and it runs 90% of the time on Top Tier 87 fro either Marathon or QT. Best mileage I have had on a run over 30 miles is 35.7 mpg (cruise set at 78)

Longest run was 381 miles for 32.5
Speed varied between 65 - 90

Both runs on 87
Nice that’s pretty good mileage right there, what would you say your average is? Been watching some videos and the people are stating that 27 to 28 miles per gallon combined is achievable without much effort, I like to drive spiritedly at times but most the time I just go with the flow so I’m expecting more like 24 to 25mpg🙏

·
Registered
205 Posts
Nice that’s pretty good mileage right there, what would you say your average is? Been watching some videos and the people are stating that 27 to 28 miles per gallon combined is achievable without much effort, I like to drive spiritedly at times but most the time I just go with the flow so I’m expecting more like 24 to 25mpg🙏
I am very aggressive at times. I would guess my split is 60-40 hwy/city. I have never reset the computer since I picked it up.

My overall average has been as low as 28 an as high as 31. Right now it is at 29.3

1 - 17 of 17 Posts