Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just wanted to officially say hi and I am glad to join the K5 club! Got a wolf grey ‘22 GT-Line with the premium package and couldn’t be any happier :).

I did do a couple of updates- new leather shift knob, led rear turn signals, and aluminum gas and brake pedals. Surprised to be getting avg of 35 mpg on my drive to the cabin with the AWD! Wheel Tire Cloud Sky Vehicle
Gear shift Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Automotive tire
Car Gear shift Steering part Motor vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
No, I believe that's from a 2016 Kia Optima and Sportage.

I've been checking out other shift knobs myself, like the ones from the Elantra GT and the Veloster N. lol I just don't want the N logos and also afraid that they will probably be smaller at the base as well.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, a lot of them I assume will have that slightly different size at the base, so up to personal preference if it bothers the driver or not! Luckily it is a fairly inexpensive and easy to change out part making for easy improvements compared to base shift knob 😀. Kuno keep me updated if you end up finding one that works for you!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
I think he was just referring to swapping the halogen turn signals for LED bulbs. If you are going that route, you might also want to look into swapping out the halogen bulb for the reverse light to LED, too.

Turn signals are easy to swap, the reverse lights are a bit of an annoyance in that you'll probably need to get a small pair of pliers to get enough leverage to turn the bulb lock.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts