Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line
37 Posts
View attachment 1014
just did the rear quarters and back trim for a more unique look, wrapped it myself. Still thinking if I want to do the rest but for now I like it!
Was this hard to do on your own? you dont have to take the trim off right, just stretch, tuck, and wrap it into the creases?
Looking to do the same but dont want to get in too over my head. Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 kia k5 gt-line 1.6gdi glacial white
7 Posts
Was this hard to do on your own? you dont have to take the trim off right, just stretch, tuck, and wrap it into the creases?
Looking to do the same but dont want to get in too over my head. Thanks.
So not really hard just time consuming and if it's your first time messing with vynil like me your gonna do okay the first attempt and probably not be satisfied but redo it several times. I did remove the trim and the rear quarters were simple just be careful they used cheap plastic and mine snapped that is the part where the white pins pop into the trim, not the trim it's self. To remove the U shaped chrome you'll need to remove the trunk inside cover by popping out the 8 to 10 black pins it should pull down and give you access to the 3 nuts that hold the trim and black back plate, there are going to be several plastic tabs you will need to push out and the whole piece will come off. Removing the trim from the back plate is 4 to 6 screws and start to pop the tabs from either far end it will be one hand pushing up and the other pulling down the rest should be easy to figure out sorry for the long post and if it doesn't make sense I wish you luck and lmk if you run into any bumps I'll try my best to help you out

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line
37 Posts
So not really hard just time consuming and if it's your first time messing with vynil like me your gonna do okay the first attempt and probably not be satisfied but redo it several times. I did remove the trim and the rear quarters were simple just be careful they used cheap plastic and mine snapped that is the part where the white pins pop into the trim, not the trim it's self. To remove the U shaped chrome you'll need to remove the trunk inside cover by popping out the 8 to 10 black pins it should pull down and give you access to the 3 nuts that hold the trim and black back plate, there are going to be several plastic tabs you will need to push out and the whole piece will come off. Removing the trim from the back plate is 4 to 6 screws and start to pop the tabs from either far end it will be one hand pushing up and the other pulling down the rest should be easy to figure out sorry for the long post and if it doesn't make sense I wish you luck and lmk if you run into any bumps I'll try my best to help you out
hmm seems like a good amount of work for sure. I always worry about breaking tabs and stuff. I do have a friend that does vinyl work, im going to see if this is something he can do without taking off all the trim pieces. it seems they are surrounded by rubber that can be moved out of the way to provide a space for the vinyl to tuck under.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts