Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys I’m about to close a deal on ‘22 GT with GT1 package tomorrow. Blue exterior with the brown interior. Really loved driving it as well. Couple questions I have before buying, never had a Kia so how reliable really is the K5 gt?

I’m also in Canada (specifically B.C.) price is $42,500 before taxes. Has anyone paid under sticker for these? Really trying to get the lowest monthly payment possible because I am financing it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
I doubt anybody is paying under sticker right now. I've even heard people saying the GT was getting over MSRP.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Damn I’m paying sticker right now so I think I’m just get this deal done
Thats the best deal youre gonna get tbh, the GTs here in CA are rare and have crazy markups. Anywhere close to sticker price in this market is a good deal IMO.
My buddy just bought a Stinger GT1 1k under sticker

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
9 Posts
After calling multiple dealerships, most in different states, I felt I was 'lucky' to get a GT1 at MSRP. Most were either already sold before they even received them, or were marked up 3-5K+. Some non-GT1s were the price of a GT w/ the package.

Damn I’m paying sticker right now so I think I’m just get this deal done
Yeah, if you're wanting/needing it now, not much of a choice. I'm not upset by it though. Month and a half with the car has been great so far. I have a sapphire. Curious how it will look with the brown inside. Good luck.

what lead you to the GT rather than the GT-line?
all the options I had with my SX optima, with a bit more vroom

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
187 Posts
Got my GT-Line 25k OTD back in April lol
I got my GT-Line AWD in April as well. I got $2000 off MSRP, which I usually would have treated as a good starting point in the negotiations, but with the chip shortage looming, I bought it. Glad I did it then and didn't wait any longer. God knows when supply will loosen up again.

I was reading something the other day that chip manufacturers don't want to go back to producing the antiquated chips auto manufacturers use. They want them to migrate to use more modern chips in cars. https://cleantechnica.com/2021/09/2...-in-the-news-on-the-automotive-chip-shortage/

·
Registered
32 Posts
I got my GT-Line AWD in April as well. I got $2000 off MSRP, which I usually would have treated as a good starting point in the negotiations, but with the chip shortage looming, I bought it. Glad I did it then and didn't wait any longer. God knows when supply will loosen up again.

I was reading something the other day that chip manufacturers don't want to go back to producing the antiquated chips auto manufacturers use. They want them to migrate to use more modern chips in cars. https://cleantechnica.com/2021/09/2...-in-the-news-on-the-automotive-chip-shortage/
yeah the prices got worse these past couple months. I see people paying close to or over 35k on the GT-Line.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I bought my 22 GT with GT1 for MSRP back in July. I lucked into a good time because I was able to find one on the lot and had a line on two more that were incoming that the dealer said they’d do MSRP on. I went to the dealer that had one on the lot and told them I’d buy for MSRP and if they wouldn’t do it I’d just buy from their competitor. The salesman was shocked that her manager agreed to it and it was smooth from there out.

I didn’t go with the GT-Line because I knew it would be too slow for me. It was between the K5 GT and a 22 Stinger GT line and the K5 won due to offering way more tech and I loved the 2.5 paired with the DCT. It’s been a joy to drive so far and I love the way mine looks in white.

·
Registered
34 Posts
I ordered mine on 9-30 locked in my price at 39k for 22 GT w/GT1 package Glacial White with black interior. I think the best is to order them, if you don't mind the wait.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
610 Posts
Very fun to drive. Lots of power. Maybe too much for fwd on all season tires.
Paid a bit over msrp but got a bunch of stuff thrown in. I strongly suggest to get the bumper and complete hood ppf wrapped. Ceramic coat the entire car after. You won't regret it. But if you don't.... You won't be able to undo the rock chips.
I ordered mine on 9-30 locked in my price at 39k for 22 GT w/GT1 package Glacial White with black interior. I think the best is to order them, if you don't mind the wait.
What's the turnaround?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Paid a bit over msrp but got a bunch of stuff thrown in. I strongly suggest to get the bumper and complete hood ppf wrapped. Ceramic coat the entire car after. You won't regret it. But if you don't.... You won't be able to undo the rock chips.

What's the turnaround?
I was told by the dealer that KIA put a date on deliveries for the beginning of 2022

·
Registered
34 Posts

What's the turnaround?
Oh trust me I have it all planned out to have it ceramic coated and wrapped.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks for the replies guys! Couldn’t get the deal finalized today, but looking forward to getting it done next week. Definitely gonna get the ceramic coating done

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
that’s interesting, because I do get a better price online from the looks of it. And I do have a car to drive in the meantime.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey guys I’m about to close a deal on ‘22 GT with GT1 package tomorrow. Blue exterior with the brown interior. Really loved driving it as well. Couple questions I have before buying, never had a Kia so how reliable really is the K5 gt?

I’m also in Canada (specifically B.C.) price is $42,500 before taxes. Has anyone paid under sticker for these? Really trying to get the lowest monthly payment possible because I am financing it.
Does it come with the digital cluster or the standard one?

1 - 20 of 86 Posts