Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
Is there anyway to replace the incondescient Reverse and turn signals lightbulbs on the tail lights

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
I really love the adaptive dynamic cluster ever since I first saw it. Also the blindspot cameras that shows up on there. A real shame the US market doesn't have any of those... 🙁

@Savigill
Yes, the rear turn signals and reverse incandescent lights can be replaced with LEDs.

The turn signal sockets can be accessed from the side of the trunk. The reverse lights are hidden behind the trunk lid liner. Recommended to get a set of needle nose pliers ready for better leverage on the reverse light sockets when you turn them (they are in there super tight with little room for fingers).

The turn signals use BAU12S/PY21W/1156 Amber bulbs. The reverse lights use W16W/921 White bulbs.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT
8 Posts
I believe someone on here linked a video to a guy's youtube channel, Just Standard Life. He has videos on those changes and then some.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
I really love the adaptive dynamic cluster ever since I first saw it. Also the blindspot cameras that shows up on there. A real shame the US market doesn't have any of those... 🙁

@Savigill
Yes, the rear turn signals and reverse incandescent lights can be replaced with LEDs.

The turn signal sockets can be accessed from the side of the trunk. The reverse lights are hidden behind the trunk lid liner. Recommended to get a set of needle nose pliers ready for better leverage on the reverse light sockets when you turn them (they are in there super tight with little room for fingers).

The turn signals use BAU12S/PY21W/1156 Amber bulbs. The reverse lights use W16W/921 White bulbs.
Blind spot camera is on the sonata n-line but not on the K5GT.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Last question, I promise….. if you are a GT owner, what lead you to the GT rather than the GT-line?
I got the first 2022 GT in California and paid sticker but there was extenuating circumstances as I gave back my faulty gt line.
they are going above sticker for the most part so if you get one at sticker. It’s good deal.

I can definitely tell you as one of the only people on here to own both the maxed out Gt Line and the GT. The GT is a completely different build quality And just better in every category.

I had so many small annoying issues with my gt line .. many of them are documented here in the forums - rattles, shirting problems, etc.. and of course I had the major issue that some
owners share where the engine would just shut off...
My GT has literally None of those problems. It’s so much more solid. Has no rattles, is Way more fun to drive ( you can read my build thread) and just does everything better. The gt line is a nice version of you absolutely need awd.
my advice is get the GT you have locked in. You won’t be disappointed.

If you want to make it Run 4s.. join my thread 😉

·
Registered
298 Posts
I got the first 2022 GT in California and paid sticker but there was extenuating circumstances as I gave back my faulty gt line.
they are going above sticker for the most part so if you get one at sticker. It’s good deal.

I can definitely tell you as one of the only people on here to own both the maxed out Gt Line and the GT. The GT is a completely different build quality And just better in every category.

I had so many small annoying issues with my gt line .. many of them are documented here in the forums - rattles, shirting problems, etc.. and of course I had the major issue that some
My GT has literally None of those problems. It’s so much more solid. Has no rattles, is Way more fun to drive ( you can read my build thread) and just does everything better. The gt line is a nice version of you absolutely need awd.

Shifting ***

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·

Going to pick up my GT today. Appreciate everyone’s replies in this thread. Can’t wait to be driving that thing. And I don’t know If I wanna make it run 4’s right away. Maybe later on 😂

·
Registered
298 Posts
Going to pick up my GT today. Appreciate everyone’s replies in this thread. Can’t wait to be driving that thing. And I don’t know If I wanna make it run 4’s right away. Maybe later on 😂
That’s awesome bud. Congratulations! Post a picture when your in it. 🍻. Welcome to the GT family! Haha

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
Welcome. How long have you been looking for one?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Thanks guys! And just been looking for the last couple weeks but happy to finally get my hands on one

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
581 Posts
Not bad. I found mine the same day I called the dealer lol. They had ordered one and they were getting it 2 weeks after my call. I went the same night and secured it.

21 - 40 of 86 Posts