Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello community,

I was wondering if anyone has found a cold air intake for their K5. Also, any recommendations for front spoilers or any cool accessories/ upgrades. Thanks!
I've been looking. But also found nothing not even a k&n regular drop in filter. If anyone knows where to get that even that would be nice
Hello community,

I was wondering if anyone has found a cold air intake for their K5. Also, any recommendations for front spoilers or any cool accessories/ upgrades. Thanks!

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line
37 Posts
I did the K&N cone filter swap utilizing the stock piping, like Bambam GT did. I saw another video on youtube about it as well. It was easy to do, and definitely made a difference in how the car sounds and feels. Not bad for a $50 upgrade.
It definitely makes the turbo audible and makes the throttle response better. HP gains? Not too sure, maybe, but the sound alone is worth it to me and thats what I did it for. There is even a mounting bracket you can get from K&N to support the filter for like $30. (I made my own). either way, dont think its fully necessary.
If anyone has any questions on this id be happy to help. I have a 1.6T, not a GT.
Re-0930 is the filter to get.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line
37 Posts
That setup would just be pulling heat right off the engine bay. Need some sort of encloser or shield .
if im not mistaken, besides air coming in from the intake, there is also air that gets pulled in from the radiator so its not all "hot" air.
ive had intake setups that have air boxes and it honestly just doesnt bring in the same amount of air. Ive had Dinan intakes put on BMW's and they use air boxes, finally switched it out for a open cone filter and the car performed way better. its hot air regardless, as might as well let it breath better.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I did the K&N cone filter swap utilizing the stock piping, like Bambam GT did. I saw another video on youtube about it as well. It was easy to do, and definitely made a difference in how the car sounds and feels. Not bad for a $50 upgrade.
It definitely makes the turbo audible and makes the throttle response better. HP gains? Not too sure, maybe, but the sound alone is worth it to me and thats what I did it for. There is even a mounting bracket you can get from K&N to support the filter for like $30. (I made my own). either way, dont think its fully necessary.
If anyone has any questions on this id be happy to help. I have a 1.6T, not a GT.
Re-0930 is the filter to get.
How much of a sound difference does it make?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts