Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an iPhone 10, and the 10.5 screen.

when i start up my car, it can take a while, but eventually a message pops up saying it’s connected to blue tooth phone and audio. I then have to go to “media” on the screen and manually hit play for it to play music. (Spotify).

is there a setting im missing somehwere that will have it auto play as soon as it connects to my phone? My old car(19 VW Jetta) did it, so I’m surprised this one is having issues. Anyone else have this happen?

i gues sun the long run it’s minor, but since there’s a good 30 second+ delay to connect, I often start driving and have to look at the screen out of the corner of my eye to wait for the connected message to turn it on. It’s annoying.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
There is no wireless ACP or AA. If you want autoplay you have to plug it in
Not Apple car play. Just regular Bluetooth.

ive tried to find answers to this before, everyone must be happy with plugging there phone in every time they get in their car, and I’m not a fan of an ugly cord sitting in my car at all times. I suppose most people are on their phone while driving, I like to keep it in my pocket, so I guess I’m the outcast here, maybe there just isn’t a solution for what I’m looking for. I can’t be the only one who’s had this struggle, but extensive googling isn’t finding me any answers.

it’s frustrating because literally every other Bluetooth device I have auto plays when connected, and since my car is used the most this inconvenience is a headache. I guess it’s the way I’ve been doing it, or plugging it in are my only options. Idk I just wanted it to play music automatically like literally everything else, but I’m asking too much I guess. I was hoping someone else would have this issue and found a solution, but so far no luck

also not having wireless ACP on the bigger screen is dumb, I’d happily downsize as that would solve this problem. Ah well I’m not the only one with that complaint.

·
Registered
205 Posts
My only suggestion is to deep dive the infotainment manual (500 pages). Maybe there is some setting in there somewhere for autoplay in the onboard GUI. I never went looking but that's probably your best bet.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
18 Posts
Check the settings on Spotify... mine plays automatically so it seems to be a user error

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT Line Premium AWD
85 Posts
I have an iPhone 10, and the 10.5 screen.

when i start up my car, it can take a while, but eventually a message pops up saying it’s connected to blue tooth phone and audio. I then have to go to “media” on the screen and manually hit play for it to play music. (Spotify).

is there a setting im missing somehwere that will have it auto play as soon as it connects to my phone? My old car(19 VW Jetta) did it, so I’m surprised this one is having issues. Anyone else have this happen?

i gues sun the long run it’s minor, but since there’s a good 30 second+ delay to connect, I often start driving and have to look at the screen out of the corner of my eye to wait for the connected message to turn it on. It’s annoying.
Check the settings on Spotify... mine plays automatically so it seems to be a user error
I'd agree it's a Spotify setting. My Bluetooth does auto connect when I get in, and I do have to press the Media button, but Apple Music plays automatically from the home screen without further input

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
48 Posts
Here's how I start my music through bluetooth:

If I have a song loaded up on Youtube Music on my phone and have it paused, when I go into the car the phone autoconnects. I then press my steering wheel mode button to switch to bluetooth mode and then music will start playing.

If I don't have a song loaded, I enter the car and the phone autoconnects to bluetooth. I then long press the steering wheel mode button and say "Open Youtube Music and Play [song/album/artist]" then it will start playing.

Not sure how Spotify works though, but thought this info might be helpful.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
If you enable the setting to auto continue when reconnected in Spotify, it will just continue playing the last song played on the list.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX - Ebony Black
37 Posts
Not Apple car play. Just regular Bluetooth.

ive tried to find answers to this before, everyone must be happy with plugging there phone in every time they get in their car, and I’m not a fan of an ugly cord sitting in my car at all times. I suppose most people are on their phone while driving, I like to keep it in my pocket, so I guess I’m the outcast here, maybe there just isn’t a solution for what I’m looking for. I can’t be the only one who’s had this struggle, but extensive googling isn’t finding me any answers.

it’s frustrating because literally every other Bluetooth device I have auto plays when connected, and since my car is used the most this inconvenience is a headache. I guess it’s the way I’ve been doing it, or plugging it in are my only options. Idk I just wanted it to play music automatically like literally everything else, but I’m asking too much I guess. I was hoping someone else would have this issue and found a solution, but so far no luck

also not having wireless ACP on the bigger screen is dumb, I’d happily downsize as that would solve this problem. Ah well I’m not the only one with that complaint.
You can set the favorite STAR ⭐ To go directly to Bluetooth. For some reason my car is set to have Radio Off when I start it. (Looking into that tonight)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts