Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT - GT1 (Black)
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, starting from the point that I may not be getting the color that I want for this vehicle does anyone have any numbers for body wrap/paint

Thanks, also sorry if this is the wrong section.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I got quoted $1400 here in MD, but that was a friend of a friend price. You'll be looking between $2-3k depending on the materials and labor.

I too wish there was a better selection of colors, but I'm not about to drop the cash to change it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
57 Posts
So, starting from the point that I may not be getting the color that I want for this vehicle does anyone have any numbers for body wrap/paint

Thanks, also sorry if this is the wrong section.
What color are you thinking you are going to get. I wound up with the sapphire blue. It's nice, but I the wolf grey would have been sweet. The blue also happens to be almost the exact same color as my wife's Honda. For whatever reason the GT-Line AWD with wolf grey paint almost always comes with the red interior where I live. I just don't like the red interior. I kept an eye on the local inventory at 3 dealerships for a month and I only saw 1 come through with wolf grey and black interior and that was gone by the time I called. So I compromised and got the sapphire blue. It is only going to get harder to find cars in the next few months because of the chip shortage. I still haven't been able to get my hands on an X-Box Series X.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I got black on my GT wanted the blue, if I get a wrap it will probably be one of the darker blue 3M glass vinyl. Maybe a color shift

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I see you guys are about the Blue.

Am I the only one that wishes we had an Orange?
I would have to see the orange or even a yellow on one before I could commit to that, I love the blue so far and could see it in something deep like a purple. Oranges can be stark. But I wouldn't knock it till I see it.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I would have to see the orange or even a yellow on one before I could commit to that, I love the blue so far and could see it in something deep like a purple. Oranges can be stark. But I wouldn't knock it till I see it.
I think the Veloster Orange is too bright for the car, but something more along the lines of the Chevy Orange that's on the Cruze or the Corvette would look great. More along the lines of a Burnt Copper than Orange.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I am thinking these would look the best and maybe the Volcanic Satin Flip which doesn't come through well online at all.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I am thinking these would look the best and maybe the Volcanic Satin Flip which doesn't come through well online at all.

View attachment 800 View attachment 801
None of those come through online very well. My catalog here at work does them much better justice. Only problem is, my 3M catalog doesn't do every color (because it's older and for demo purposes to get the Rep out to the shop).

I'm going to be heading over to the tint shop here soon before Summer gets into full swing to get the windows done. Still can't justify wrapping the car (as much as I really want to stand out a bit more), but I'll flip through the catalog when I'm there and dream.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Those ones are just the ones that are online on 3Ms site so I don't know they may all look better in person it is kinda why I would want to see the car in a yellow or orange before hand. There are a few blues on the list that qualify as what I would like but I won't really know until I see it in person or on a better printout.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
166 Posts
I would try checking out the tint catalogues at the tint shop. Usually the paper catalogs and samples they have are better at showing you the metallic sheen and color change effects of the wraps. Online samples are hard to do them any justice.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts