Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was driving down the freeway accelerated a bit aggressive upon hitting 60-70mph my dashboard turned on and off in an instant. Same way it would happen if your car turned off. My car didn't turn off though and I had no light on the dashboard . I had my foot on the throttle and didn't feel it jump or slow down. When it turned on it read I had about 100miles left of gas. I had around 220 before that. I went to pump gas had turned on and off the vehicle and still read 100miles. I pumped 25$ of gas and it all went back to normal. Has anyone experienced this. I'm 1year with my K5 and I have not had any type of issues besides this

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
No, unfortunately this is the first I've heard about this issue... When the dash turned off, did it just immediately went dark with no shutdown sequence? Was the tachometer still working even with the lights off?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
No, unfortunately this is the first I've heard about this issue... When the dash turned off, did it just immediately went dark with no shutdown sequence? Was the tachometer still working even with the lights off?
It was a quick flash.bit lasted only about 5 sec. Its as if the tachometer just reset. My car was fine but no engine light or warning lights after. Only odd thing is that it didn't show the gas I had pumped earlier that day. It went back to the original amount that I had before putting gas

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
It sounded like for whatever reason, the module that stores the info for the gas tank might have crashed and reverted back to an earlier state. It still seems weird that it would do that, though...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts