Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a 22 GT

Anyone get the DCT/Transmission software update yet?

Had the car at the dealer for something unrelated and they mentioned there was a recall that had to be done.

Car shifts so much harder/better which I love
(Chirping 2nd and 3rd gear) but now when car comes to a complete stop and shifts into 1st gear (stoping at a light/stop sign) RPM’s drop and the car jerks a bit. Doesn’t do this all the time and it never completely stalls out either.

Just wondering if anyone has noticed this after the update.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
150 Posts
Bummer. Hope the update didnt cause more harm to the torque converter when downshifting

I would record it if you can replicate the problem and show the video to the service manager on your next visit
did not know about it. Oil change soon almost to 3k miles. will check then. first oil change free at my dealer.
Your dealer will change your oil at 3k?

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 22 GT

Had the car at the dealer for something unrelated and they mentioned there was a recall that had to be done.

(Chirping 2nd and 3rd gear) but now when car comes to a complete stop and shifts into 1st gear (stoping at a light/stop sign) RPM’s drop and the car jerks a bit. Doesn’t do this all the time and it never completely stalls out either.

Thanks
I got the update and the car does shift better now . They had to drain the transmission lines and the the update makes the car shift with more torque ill be posting a video on my YouTube channel soon you can find me on YouTube, turbo k5

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
1,241 Posts
For me, the dealer refused to do the free oil change unless it was near 5k miles. They could still have the oil change done but it would have been out of pocket as it wasn't a part of their scheduled service intervals.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I just had my first oil change. My dealer does the first one at 6 months or 5k miles, whichever comes first. I had 3900 miles and did the oil change since I was at 6 months. They also did the software update on the transmission. I honestly don’t notice a difference. If it did change something, it’s pretty subtle.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I have a 22 GT

Thanks
What's the update for exactly? Did Kia explain what it does? I have a GT and this is the first I'm hearing of a transmission software update.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Yea I would like to know what the update was as well I got it but the service advisor just said its like a test to make sure everything is working properly, but of course didnt go into much detail about exactly what it was; I definitely didnt notice any difference when driving it.

·
Registered
90 Posts
I have a 22 GT

Thanks
Isnt this update just for the Gt only right?

1 - 20 of 21 Posts