Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX - Ebony Black
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone attempted to take the dealership decal off? What worked best!? I’ve always used Dawn dishwashing liquid after heating with a hair dryer.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Has anyone attempted to take the dealership decal off? What worked best!? I’ve always used Dawn dishwashing liquid after heating with a hair dryer.
It really depends on what kind it is. Mine was just simple vinyl lettering and logo. The South Carolina afternoon sun and heat were enough to make it peel off with no residue and no problems.

What are you up against?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
48 Posts
That’s always been the first thing I do as soon as I park the car in my driveway the first time. Slowly heating it up w a heat gun will do it. Very slowly and evenly. It doesn’t take a lot of heat and you don’t want to damage the paint.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 EX - Ebony Black
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
That’s always been the first thing I do as soon as I park the car in my driveway the first time. Slowly heating it up w a heat gun will do it. Very slowly and evenly. It doesn’t take a lot of heat and you don’t want to damage the paint.
After using a hair dryer and car wash it came off with a little time and patience. Much better.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Thankfully, mine didn't come with a dealer decal on it, just a dealer license plate frame.

However, my mom's RAV4 came with one of those bubbly ones. Same as Andrew72, though. The heat from the Florida sun was enough to make the peeling easier. Afterwards, I cleaned off any leftover sticky mess with a bit of Goo Gone, wiped it up with some quick detailer, then put on a coat of wax on the area to keep it the same as the rest of the car body.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I've always made the dealership remove it before delivery. Last car I bought had this giant obnoxious dealer decal on it. Told the salesman I am not taking the keys till it comes off. hahah

·
Registered
20 Posts
Didn’t know that was a thing. Good to know.
I also make them do it because 1) I want to put the responsibility on them if it somehow fucks up the paint or anything. 2) Some of these dealerships have gigantic freaking nameplates or decals they slap on the back of their cars and I want to make a (however minor) statement that my car is not a billboard for your mediocre-at-best dealership. 3) I think it cheapens the aesthetic, especially on a car as beautiful as the one we are all here for. 4) why the fuck am I wasting MY time taking off something THEY applied, especially after they just made a sale? They get the penalty of spending the 15+ minutes trying to get it off.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX AWD
15 Posts
I had pretty big decals also on front bumper and back of car. My car was parked in the sun and it was very easy to just remove the decals by simply pealing it off. I even changed the ugly and cheap plastic dealer license plate holder with a silicone one i got from amazon. I can't scratch your paint and doesn't rattle. Has drainage holes.
EletecPro Silicone License Plate Frame Cover 2 Pack,Car Plate Cover with 12 Drainage Holes,Anti-Impact, Waterproof, Shockproof Fits Any Standard US Plats Screw Caps Included.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The decals/stickers are easy enough, it's those emblems that poke a hole that are the real problem.

I would easily deduct $3-4K advertising fee off the price of the car unless it's removed. I think those are pretty rare these days.

Gotta love carmax though.. they slap their decal on everything.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Yeah, I believe the old style emblems has the hole and guide pegs but the new emblems are just stuck on with putty or 3M adhesives.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts