Kia K5 Forum banner

Dealership Issue

3K views 21 replies 11 participants last post by  Owyn999 
#1 ·
Had a bit of a situation at the Dealership last week when buying my K5 and want to know if anyone has a suggestion on what if anything I can do.

I test drove the K5 GT-Line and was going over all the features with the sales person. I asked if this model came with the ability to start/stop, lock and control temp from the smartphone app and she said yes, she even told me she also had this exact same model and puller her phone our to show me. Fast forward to the next day I buy that same car we sat in and go through the whole process, get outside to get the keys and drive off and I ask the salesperson how to connect to the app etc and she goes "oh yea, I meant to tell you this model doesn't have that feature only the AWD." I was pretty ticked since it was never mentioned to me the need to move up to AWD for that feature. She promises to try to work something out with the manager and the manager basically tells me tough ****. It was one of the selling points for me since I park a bit away from where I work and liked the ability to start and warm it up ahead of time.

Any suggestions on what I can do if anything? Not worth getting a lawyer for obviously but still, classic bait and switch.

#2 · (Edited)
Aww damn, sorry to hear that experience. :(

According to the UVO Link Availability page, the LX and Non-AWD LXS trims are not supported. Are you willing to either move up to the GT-Line trim or get one with AWD? If you are then you might be able to work something out with them that way, otherwise you really may have to resort to legal means which could end up costing more.

Also, the UVO Link feature will be free for the 1st year before you have to pay a subscription for it. Just keep that in mind. Otherwise, I know the GT-Line at least has remote engine start on the keyfob outside of UVO Link.

:Edit:
Actually, I'm digging a bit further and trying to see which trims UVO Link is available on. Not sure why but it says it's not available with the GT-Line Premium Package. It doesn't really state if it's included in the non -AWD version of the GT-Line either, but on Kia's own website it might be only on the AWD versions of the GT-Line. It's all so confusing... If anything, look for the UVO button at the top, just above the rearview mirror. That should be there for the trims that has UVO Link connectivity.

#7 ·
I came across an older thread with people that had similar troubles. They discussed about adding in UVO to one's that originally doesn't include it.

There hasn't been an update on it for a while now but it might be possible to install it after the fact? Will have to look into it more...

#14 ·
Had a bit of a situation at the Dealership last week when buying my K5 and want to know if anyone has a suggestion on what if anything I can do.

I test drove the K5 GT-Line and was going over all the features with the sales person. I asked if this model came with the ability to start/stop, lock and control temp from the smartphone app and she said yes, she even told me she also had this exact same model and puller her phone our to show me. Fast forward to the next day I buy that same car we sat in and go through the whole process, get outside to get the keys and drive off and I ask the salesperson how to connect to the app etc and she goes "oh yea, I meant to tell you this model doesn't have that feature only the AWD." I was pretty ticked since it was never mentioned to me the need to move up to AWD for that feature. She promises to try to work something out with the manager and the manager basically tells me tough ****. It was one of the selling points for me since I park a bit away from where I work and liked the ability to start and warm it up ahead of time.

Any suggestions on what I can do if anything? Not worth getting a lawyer for obviously but still, classic bait and switch.
Cancel with the finance company b4 all paperwork is finalized

#15 ·

Call corporate. And find the district managers number and contact them. This is unacceptable and unethical form of sales. I can bet my life the district manager will help you out. What state did you buy the car? I can try to look into it for you too.

#16 ·

I have remote start on my LXS (FWD) which I think is standard. There isn’t one button for it, you literally have to press 3 buttons or something but I can’t remember the sequence.

#17 ·

Do you mean the "remote start" since you stated that you wanted the ability to start and warm up your car. Mine came standard with the remote start (on the key fob), I own the EX.
Just set the auto on 1 or 2 or 3 with the temp that you want, leave the car, lock your doors and 5 minutes before you leave work, start 'er up. Car will be warm as toast by the time you enter it!

#20 ·
I have a 2022 GT-Line FWD, no special options or packages. Literally just a basic model with only options being carpeted mats and paint. It came with UVO, navigation based cruise control, etc. It may be worth going up to a 2022, more standard features seem available on it. I do not have start/stop.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.