Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got around to debadging my 2022 GTLine today and it was easier than I thought. A little heat gun action and fishing line popped the decals right off. I opted for the pinstripe eraser attached to my dewalt and the eraser worked like a charm. Had the goo-gone out just in case. Never used it!

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
I would go over it with a coat of wax or the likes just in case. lol Have you thought about totally debadging your car, emblems and all?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I would go over it with a coat of wax or the likes just in case. lol Have you thought about totally debadging your car, emblems and all?
Oh she got a rub down with clay and a graphene wax applied immediately after!

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I thought about removing Kia but I kinda dig the logo so for now I’m keeping it.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I might be in the minority here but that new Kia logo is obnoxious and wayyyy too big.
I dig it more than the old one. It’s new so people still don’t know what it is. Looks sleek to me. Initially I thought it was the K5 logo at the dealership with the K and the Roman Numeral for 5 is a V. That’s kinda what it looks like

·
Registered
Wolf Grey K5 GT-Line, Magnetic Black 370z
47 Posts
I should've waited for the 2022 models, because I would've debadged all the emblems including the KIA logo. Ended up putting the GT line badge in my interior and threw away the K5

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Just curious why debadge the emblems? what's the point?
Just something different. I like how clean it looks back there. Also, gotta keep folks guessing especially with a newly designed car. Ha ha I kept them all so if I put any of them back on they’ll get blacked out first.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
Just something different. I like how clean it looks back there. Also, gotta keep folks guessing especially with a newly designed car. Ha ha I kept them all so if I put any of them back on they’ll get blacked out first.
If you do get them blacked out, maybe do what my local Kia dealership did with theirs and keep the silver border. I really like the effect it gives. lol
20210713_072814.jpg 20210713_084509.jpg

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5
12 Posts
Not meaning to get off topic but is your profile pic intentionally pixelated like that? 😂
I was trying to use a pic I had but it didn't show the whole front so I reduced the size but it still would not show the whole front. It was better but I guess its pixelated.
do you happen to know what size works best?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
391 Posts
I was trying to use a pic I had but it didn't show the whole front so I reduced the size but it still would not show the whole front. It was better but I guess its pixelated.
do you happen to know what size works best?
The profile pic editor is kind of weird. You'll have to take a pic of your car from a further distance with more space on the top and bottom in order for it to show the whole front. It let's you move the pic left and right to position it better, though.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts