Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line FWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Picked up a 2022 K5 GT-Line last week and I've noticed that the LED brake lights are a bit delayed. I first noticed it when reversing at night. I press the brake pedal lightly and the brakes grab, but the brake lights do not come on until I push a little harder. Is this normal or is there a connection issue between the pedal and lights?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
How long was the delay? The lights should come on immediately after the pedal has been depressed. If it's like 0.5-1 sec of delay, you may want to have it looked at.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line FWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
How long was the delay? The lights should come on immediately after the pedal has been depressed. If it's like 0.5-1 sec of delay, you may want to have it looked at.
Yes if I tap the pedal it has about a 0.5-1 second delay. It’s mainly noticeable during traffic as you don’t really press down your brakes that hard to stop. If I stomp on the brake pedal it goes on immediately lol

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
846 Posts
I know that the brake lights don't come on until you apply a given amount of pressure to the pedal. Is that what you're experiencing too?

In my previous cars, the brake lights worked the same way. If you apply too little pressure, the brake lights stay off. Only when you give it like 5-10% pedal pressure does the brake lights go on.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line FWD
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I know that the brake lights don't come on until you apply a given amount of pressure to the pedal. Is that what you're experiencing too?

In my previous cars, the brake lights worked the same way. If you apply too little pressure, the brake lights stay off. Only when you give it like 5-10% pedal pressure does the brake lights go on.
Yes that is exactly what I’m experiencing! I guess I am used to my old car (Mazda3) that the brake lights go on when the brake pedal is pressed regardless. I guess that’s normal with the K5. Thanks so much!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts