Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys do your own oil changes? I cannot get over the price of $90 for a synthetic oil change at the dealership. If i keep the log book up to date with receipts and mileage would i have any warranty issues?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT Line Wolf Gray w/Red Leather
41 Posts
Do you guys do your own oil changes? I cannot get over the price of $90 for a synthetic oil change at the dealership. If i keep the log book up to date with receipts and mileage would i have any warranty issues?
Yes, make sure you have proof of everything though. You should use the oe oil filter if possible. Because the car is under warranty still, if you wait long enough the dealer will send you a discount coupon for the oil change and that will also get you an inspection to see if there are any other issues that would be covered under warranty.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
48 Posts
I’ve done my own oil changes for years on all my cars. I keep a small logbook in my car of everything little thing I do to it. I also keep every receipt for everything with the logbook. My records are as good if not better than what most dealers keep. I buy the OEM filters in bulk boxes of 6 or 10 online and always use either Mobil 1 or Royal Purple.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts