Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 35 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
I am annoyed that my dealership will only give me my extended warranty, on my 2022 K5 GT-line, if I bring it in for a $65 tire rotation & oil change every 3750 miles - an amount that is well below the KIA recommended 8000 miles. It is just a way to make more money, I guess.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
Is this a kia warranty or some third party? Sounds like the latter.
It's a dealership thing. They included it with my car. If they took it out, the price would be the same so no point in getting rid of it. lol Also convenient for me since the dealership is about as far as the nearest shop for an oil change.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
168 Posts
Tell them to stick it ... You'll be paying like an additional $900 for oil changes by the time your factory powertrain warranty expires.

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's a dealership thing. They included it with my car. If they took it out, the price would be the same so no point in getting rid of it. lol Also convenient for me since the dealership is about as far as the nearest shop for an oil change.
Dealer's don't ever give anything away for free. Did you pay over msrp?

What do the terms of the warranty contract say in terms of who must performance the maintenance?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts
The warranty is only applicable for the dealership; it is their warranty, after all. I didn't pay over MSRP. It was also right before the whole price hike thing happening.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Dealer's don't ever give anything away for free. Did you pay over msrp?

What do the terms of the warranty contract say in terms of who must performance the maintenance?
I paid $200 over MSRP. They charge $40 for the full synthetic oil change, $20 for tire rotation e/o appointment and the recommended various fluid changes at 30k, 60k, etc. What do you think?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I paid $200 over MSRP. They charge $40 for the full synthetic oil change, $20 for tire rotation e/o appointment and the recommended various fluid changes at 30k, 60k, etc. What do you think?
They must do everything.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I could never go for a plan like that. I do all my own maintenance at my own intervals (shorter than mfg specified). Oil changes 4-5K, brake fluid every 2 years, coolant every 4-5 years,etc.. In my case it's not so much about mileage as it is time.

Look at your bill of sale. It's strange for such a maintenance plan to not be included somewhere.

What happens if the dealership goes out of business of changes ownership?

·
Registered
10 Posts
I could never go for a plan like that. I do all my own maintenance at my own intervals (shorter than mfg specified). Oil changes 4-5K, brake fluid every 2 years, coolant every 4-5 years,etc.. In my case it's not so much about mileage as it is time.

Look at your bill of sale. It's strange for such a maintenance plan to not be included somewhere.

I still have the KIA 10 year/100,000 mile warranty. The dealership plan extends it to lifetime powertrain.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
605 Posts

Perhaps it was on the bill, but I do know that the total came out under what the MSRP was, before including my trade-in.

Plus it's also convenient for me since they aren't particularly far and I honestly don't have the tools or space to do my own oil change.

21 - 35 of 35 Posts