Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there anyway to keep the drive mode you want on your profile? I like the custom one I have but have to switch it everytime.

Anyway to set it so it stays in that all the time?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
37 Posts
Is there anyway to keep the drive mode you want on your profile? I like the custom one I have but have to switch it everytime.

Anyway to set it so it stays in that all the time?
To my knowledge it will only stay in normal or smart once the engine is turned off and on.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
38 Posts
It defaults to "Normal" mode upon engine start-up. To my knowledge, I don't think there is a way to have it default to any other drive mode at start up. Me personally, I like turning the drive mode wheel each time after engine start, it makes me feel like I am in a cockpit doing a pre-flight checklist. But I'm just a nerd, lol.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
37 Posts
It defaults to "Normal" mode upon engine start-up. To my knowledge, I don't think there is a way to have it default to any other drive mode at start up. Me personally, I like turning the drive mode wheel each time after engine start, it makes me feel like I am in a cockpit doing a pre-flight checklist. But I'm just a nerd, lol.
the 2022 GTLine will 100% stay on smart on startup.. I ran in smart for a week before deciding to stay in normal. [cant speak for '21 or other trims]

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Yeah, it stays in SMART mode for me in the '21 model too. I've been trying out Normal mode and comparing the MPG to SMART and strangely enough, it seems to be doing a little bit better. The throttle and transmission response is more constant also since it doesn't have to keep switching between modes.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine AWD
37 Posts
Yeah, it stays in SMART mode for me in the '21 model too. I've been trying out Normal mode and comparing the MPG to SMART and strangely enough, it seems to be doing a little bit better. The throttle and transmission response is more constant also since it doesn't have to keep switching between modes.
yea this was my findings as well.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts