Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone else noticed the driver side window sounds like it gets a lot of air noise? No air seems to be seeping in but it’s much louder on the driver side than on the passenger side.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I had read on another forum that the Kia Telluride, the S version does not have acoustic side glass, but does have acoustic windshield glass as does our K5's (windshield) but the higher end versions do have acoustic side glass.
The owner of the S version went to test drive another S at the dealer ship ,same thing, then drove the SX version, no noise.

So my point in all this is that he was told that window tinting will add some add some acoustic barrier to the glass and will reduce the noise. I had some wind noise on my diver side also. Got my windows tinted Saturday, (not for this reason)
and then drove down the interstate at 70-75 MPH, it did appear to be quieter. Will do some more evaluation this week
and see if I am nuts or it is helping.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I had read on another forum that the Kia Telluride, the S version does not have acoustic side glass, but does have acoustic windshield glass as does our K5's (windshield) but the higher end versions do have acoustic side glass.
The owner of the S version went to test drive another S at the dealer ship ,same thing, then drove the SX version, no noise.

So my point in all this is that he was told that window tinting will add some add some acoustic barrier to the glass and will reduce the noise. I had some wind noise on my diver side also. Got my windows tinted Saturday, (not for this reason)
and then drove down the interstate at 70-75 MPH, it did appear to be quieter. Will do some more evaluation this week
and see if I am nuts or it is helping.
I have my windows tinted already.. I need to call and ask about what the first person said.. ive just been lazy lol.. thanks for your response and help!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts