Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My husband bought me K5 gt line one month ago as an anniversary gift. and it has really really annoying wind noise on the driver's side. I was really surprised! Plus it doesn't have wireless android auto function!!!! I contacted Kia cooperate they said they will contact me in 2 or 3 days but I didn't hear from them almost for a week. I called them twice like some stalker. Still waiting... I am really upset about their way of treating their customers!

Registered
From what I heard the 8" info screen comes with wireless Android auto. But the 10" screen does not. That was one of the deciding factors when I bought mine. I chose the 8", but now looking back i usually plug phone in because it charges faster, the wireless charge works fine but faster is better馃榿. But the 8" doesn't come with the splitscreen capability the 10" i think does. Have small maps and radio on same screen would be nice. So who knows if I'd pick 8" again. Prob but I'd have a more thoughtful decision.

Registered
Discussion Starter #4
Also I haven't noticed any wind noise when I have the window down.
Thank you for your answer.
The problem is we didn't pick 10" screen and the sticker on our car says it is 8" screen.
And the most annoying thing is too loud wind noise. It is only from driver side. It feels like iI am driving empty can. I can't believe they make this low quality car. I know that this car is beautiful and has good feature but who wants to drive that keeps making loud noise all the time???

Registered
I've heard that Android 11 has problems with connecting to the car. I have a galaxy s9 and mine connected first time without a problem. And always connects

Registered
Our EX has the 8" screen, and wireless Android Auto works like a charm. Also haven't experienced loud road/wind noise.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Our EX has the 8" screen, and wireless Android Auto works like a charm. Also haven't experienced loud road/wind noise.
Thank you!
It's good to hear that other cars don't have this problem. One mechanic said all k5 have same problem because of its design. Duh.

Registered
Thank you!
It's good to hear that other cars don't have this problem. One mechanic said all k5 have same problem because of its design. Duh.
Wind noise can come from a bad windshield seal or raised trim. It can also be an issue with door molding or your driver's side window alignment. In any case, have the dealer look at it as a warranty issue. You might mention to them that there's a K5 service advisory that includes windshield trim inspection and repair [SA431r2]/[SA431]

As for wireless Android Auto, sadly, many Android phones don't support it. See the following thread for more info:

Good luck!

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
Wind noise can come from a bad windshield seal or raised trim. It can also be an issue with door molding or your driver's side window alignment. In any case, have the dealer look at it as a warranty issue. You might mention to them that there's a K5 service advisory that includes windshield trim inspection and repair [SA431r2]/[SA431]

As for wireless Android Auto, sadly, many Android phones don't support it. See the following thread for more info:

Good luck!
Thank you so much for the information. We are talking with Kia cooperate. I will mention them about the K5 service advisory that includes windshield trim inspection and repair. I really appreciate your help!!! 馃槃馃憤馃憤

1 - 9 of 9 Posts