Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone - New here, so if this has been answered and someone can link me to it, that would be greatly appreciated!

2022 Kia K5 GT-Line - Looking to see if we are able to run the DRL + Fogs only.
I tried combinations on the switch but it does not seem to engage it in that combo.

Also, has there been a method to disengage the seatbelt chime? I assume this car is too new to have that ⬆⬇⬆⬇ B,A,B,A Start Nintendo code like all of my old cars have had haha.
Not trying to get those clips to place in there in case of any issues.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
DRLs should always be on when the car is on by default. I would think that all you have to do is turn the fog lights on and it'll leave the headlights off, so long as you have the lights in either the off or parking lights position. Or does turning on your fog lights also turn on your headlights?

I haven't really tried out the combination myself... lol

As for the seat belt chime, I usually make it a habit to put on the seat belt whenever I get in. :p Compared to some other cars, though, the sound is not very harsh to the ears. I think the sound for when you leave the engine on and exit the vehicle is probably much worse sounding. lol

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I will try again and see how to switch it up.

Yeh the chime is nowhere near as bad as other cars chimes thats for sure, haha. If I do figure it out, I will post it up.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
702 Posts
It's calibrated from factory to be cut off that low so the lights won't blind others on the road. Our cars do have High-Beam Assist, though. I've tried it a few times but it feels kind of finicky sometimes. It tends to stay off when it sees almost any dot of light in front, even if the road is poor lit.

I get that it does so when it detects the headlights or taillights of cars in front for safety reasons but it might be too sensitive to other light sources, like lights on community signs, or even parking lot lights off in the distance away from the road you're traveling on.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts