Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey k5 fam . So I'm only s few months in with my k5 gt line and I seem to be having an electrical issue and dealership won't acknowledge it. I took it in and they told me that their "electrician" was not in but still sent my car back to the bays and had someone who knew nothing about the cars electrical system take s picture and now my safety alerts won't work the way they were prior my car is making weird noises like it's dry. And something is burning my amp and subwoofer I've gone through 4 subwoofers now and amp is still getting hot!!! Audio tech can't figure out why

Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
What kind of electrical issues are you experiencing? Also, is the amp somehow drawing and supplying too much power to the subwoofer for it to handle and, therefore, burning them?

Unfortunately, I'm not in any way familiar with installing aftermarket audio systems or tuning them so I don't know the finer details about them. 馃槄

:edit:
Did a bit of searching about the amp and subwoofer. What is the power output for both the amp and subwoofer? It could very well be that the amplifier is sending more power than what the subwoofer can handle and continuously burning it out. You might have to step down to a less powerful amp that rated more in line with the subwoofer, or vice versa and stepping up the subwoofer to something that is more in line with the amp.

Make sure of the spec for both before doing so, though.

Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line
you may have to put a Capacitor in place if the input and output powers aren't sufficient. But if your audio tech didnt mention this then maybe that isnt the problem...

1 - 3 of 3 Posts