Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone in here installed a Kicker Hideaway (or similar) under one of the front seats?

The days of obnoxious bass has passed for me but I want/need a little boost in the low end to make me happy. And I don’t want to sacrifice any trunk space.

Has anyone here installed a sub under either the front seats?

My main concern is fitment with the AC/heat vents under both seats

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
63 Posts
I had a powered 10” hideaway sub installed in the trunk. It’s mounted vertically on the back of the passenger side rear seat. It takes up next to zero room in the trunk and sounds good. It doesn’t rattle neighbors windows driving down the street but does an excellent job of providing the amount of bass and low end fill I was looking for. A remote gain dial is mounted by the drivers left knee on the fuse access cover. Works great for me.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had a powered 10” hideaway sub installed in the trunk. It’s mounted vertically on the back of the passenger side rear seat. It takes up next to zero room in the trunk and sounds good. It doesn’t rattle neighbors windows driving down the street but does an excellent job of providing the amount of bass and low end fill I was looking for. A remote gain dial is mounted by the drivers left knee on the fuse access cover. Works great for me.
what powered sub did you get?

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
63 Posts
My original intent was to go with a Rockford Fosgate 10” but I was trying to get it done at a time when there were almost zero options available due to the supply chain and shipping crap. I ended up going with Cerwin Vega 10”. I’m happy with it. Now things are finally coming back into stock but I don’t feel the need to go with anything else.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I have everything just haven’t had time to install. The sub does fit under driver seat even at lowest setting 😃 only “issue” is that it sticks out into rear floorboard about 2 inches. But, rarely is anyone sitting behind me.

Planning to install this Saturday and will update with pics!

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Alright guys got everything done. Did not take many pics as I’ve never documented installs but here’s a few that I did manage to take.

Definitely helps fill the low end.
It’s a huge step down from previous systems running 1200 and 1500 RMS but I’m past those days 😅
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Trunk

Vehicle Car Motor vehicle Plant Window

Car Vehicle Grey Car seat cover Automotive design

Sticks out a hair due to air vent but no one ever sits behind me

1 - 10 of 10 Posts