Kia K5 Forum banner
21 - 40 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
No Only black with wolf grey and almond brown on the white. They only made 80 total of the 2022 GT for the entire USA. A very small fraction of the 80 are wolf grey.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #22 ·
No Only black with wolf grey and almond brown on the white. They only made 80 total of the 2022 GT for the entire USA. A very small fraction of the 80 are wolf grey.
You actually need to put a deposit down to even have a chance of getting one at this point. They aren’t even at the dealers yet. I got mine the day it was delivered.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
Nice car!

So did they lemon the car? Were they able to recreate the issue or figure out the cause?
So it happened at the dealer on video with advisor in car but the technician kept saying could not duplicate. I was able to make it happen every time but for some reason they kept saying could not duplicate. I spoke with Kia consumer affairs and told them I would pursue lemon law and they ended up buying my car back without depreciation.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
So it happened at the dealer on video with advisor in car but the technician kept saying could not duplicate. I was able to make it happen every time but for some reason they kept saying could not duplicate. I spoke with Kia consumer affairs and told them I would pursue lemon law and they ended up buying my car back without depreciation.
They made some deal with the dealer I imagine because they bought it back. Not Kia corp

·
Registered
11 Posts
You actually need to put a deposit down to even have a chance of getting one at this point. They aren’t even at the dealers yet. I got mine the day it was delivered.
Nah, my local dealer has one listed for sale and has for a few days now

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #33 ·
Nah, my local dealer has one listed for sale and has for a few days now
And what? At my dealer you do. Because they are all selling before arriving.
I’m not speaking for other dealers. There will be 80 on car lots some where for sale. I’m guessing you don’t live in California do you?

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Exactly. and they are still on the lot. Here people are more equipped to buy them. lol

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
Ya sorry it came out that way.
what I meant was People are more eager to get one because they are limited and so much better then the gt line... and I loved my gt line. This car is just an entirely different beast.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Hey. How does it handle? I know it's not a sports car by any means, but I had to swap out the entire suspension on my 2016 SX to get it to handle good. Looks like they are going for MSRP here. Truecar says they can save me 0.16% off MSRP. LOL

·
Registered
298 Posts
Discussion Starter · #39 ·
ya it’s definitely not a sports car as it’s a large sedan but it surely fills the role of a very sporty sedan.
That being said, compared to the GT line or say my older Lexus ISF Or is 350. It handles very very well. You will need to get used to accelerating a bit differently with no all wheel drive and much more power because you can easily spin the tires in sport plus mode. Around corners it has far less body roll and the seat bolsters are better so you don’t move around as much. A few other things to note compared to the GT line.. unlike what many people have said on utube, the 2022 GT at least Feels much smoother driving. you feel the road but you don’t get Jolted around in the car when hitting a bump or small pothole etc. it feels more solid for sure. side note also.. I dont know if they just put more quality control into this year GT or what but all the small issues I had in my GT Line are not present in this car. The sunroof area makes zero rattling sounds. The dash and center console make no creaking sounds while driving. The navigation is Far superior and I have no issues with UVO network connection or dropping my Bluetooth like in my gt line. And most of all.. it doesn’t die when I park and adjust the AC :). I’m going to be tuning it and cold air intakes etc in the weeks to come and will lost updates.

·
Registered
28 Posts
Thanks for the information. Hoping to upgrade in the near future. Just wish the GT was available with the red interior. So tired of black, but not fan of the brown. Hey, you can't have everything. Looking forward to your mod updates.

21 - 40 of 50 Posts