Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience working on engines and can give me some tips on how to research more if it would be a good idea to swap the engine on my GT-line trim?

Someone I know has a Jeep 5.6 liter V8 Hemi engine which they want to get rid of (and is in good condition). I was thinking about doing a swap with the K5 once the warranty is up. However, because the car is so new Im not sure what to research at this point. Obviously it’ll be quite a while before I get to that, but I would like to map out the possibilities with it. I think it could be an interesting swap. I’d love to hear anyone’s feedback on the project.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hey Everyone,
I was wondering if anyone here had any experience working on engines and can give me some tips on how to research more if it would be a good idea to swap the engine on my GT-line trim?

Someone I know has a Jeep 5.6 liter V8 Hemi engine which they want to get rid of (and is in good condition). I was thinking about doing a swap with the K5 once the warranty is up. However, because the car is so new Im not sure what to research at this point. Obviously it’ll be quite a while before I get to that, but I would like to map out the possibilities with it. I think it could be an interesting swap. I’d love to hear anyone’s feedback on the project.
it would probably cost you more than the cost of the k5 to get that engine to work in our little car

·
Registered
205 Posts
Hey Everyone,

Sink all that swap $$ into mods and you can probably = the whp of the v8 with 2x better mileage

1 - 3 of 3 Posts