Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys -

Has anyone on this forum modified the faux dual exhaust outlets on the GT-Line and below models? I was looking into seeing if someone has hollowed the area out and created a tip that would fit in that location. Not totally cut it out and make it like a GT.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
I've seen one mod that reuse the holes without any cutting, but it was from a whole exhaust kit for the K5. I don't think anyone has been willing to try and stuff exhaust tips through the holes yet.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Cool concept with those tips, I dont see a reason for the electronic cut outs. but its good to know that there is an idea for a style of exhaust tips to use if you make your own exhaust layout.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
738 Posts
Expensive and won’t work with awd k5
Yeah. lol And we haven't factored in shipping and import taxes yet so it's bound to be even more. It's good to know that there's someone like this out there, though.

Unfortunately for AWD models, the AWD module takes up the empty space where the driver side muffler and exhaust would go. There doesn't seem to be a good solution for AWD owners out there yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Yeah. lol And we haven't factored in shipping and import taxes yet so it's bound to be even more. It's good to know that there's someone like this out there, though.

Unfortunately for AWD models, the AWD module takes up the empty space where the driver side muffler and exhaust would go. There doesn't seem to be a good solution for AWD owners out there yet.
Paint the fake tips black so they bend in better with the bumper.lol

1 - 8 of 8 Posts