Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Last week a Toyota Sequoia decided to cut her turn short and ran into me. Luckily it was a low speed collision and I have minimal damage that I can see. Going to get it appraised tomorrow so we can start the repairs ASAP!
Automotive parking light Tire Wheel Car Vehicle
Automotive parking light Car Grille Vehicle Automotive lighting

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-Line Wolf Grey
52 Posts
Good luck. At least your car can still be driven. My car has been in the body shop since august 31st after hitting a deer. They’re STILL waiting for parts. The port delays are so bad that Kia can’t even give them an approximate date on some parts. The shop owner told me they had just waited almost 2 months for a door for a Telluride and 4 months for parts to repair a Ford Explorer. Since the K5 is a newly redesigned car there are no parts available anywhere yet. Kia is directing almost all the parts to the assembly lines to build more cars and making very very few parts available for repair/replacements.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Good luck. At least your car can still be driven. My car has been in the body shop since august 31st after hitting a deer. They’re STILL waiting for parts. The port delays are so bad that Kia can’t even give them an approximate date on some parts. The shop owner told me they had just waited almost 2 months for a door for a Telluride and 4 months for parts to repair a Ford Explorer. Since the K5 is a newly redesigned car there are no parts available anywhere yet. Kia is directing almost all the parts to the assembly lines to build more cars and making very very few parts available for repair/replacements.
damn thats hella long. My car was in the shop for just a couple weeks after getting rear-ended :/

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I decided I'm going to take the car to my Dealership and avoid a shady collision repair shop. K5 only has 8k and I would rather have it touched by Kia dealership. I am lucky that I can still drive it so time isn't going to effect me but I am more concerned with the quality of the work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts