Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Anddd we’re back! I finally finished most of what I wanted to do to the interior!
I wanted to give my k5 a unique look. Something girly but not too much! I did everything myself and most of it was trial and error so there’s still a couple things I want to update but I’m pretty happy so far with my interior mods. That’s also why somethings are different in certain pictures. Like my steering wheel has a new emblem now as well as a different steering wheel cover that I feel made it look soo much better.
With the black glitter I was trying to go for a more luxurious look and I think I did pretty Good. I love that when people get in my car they’re like omgg it’s shining or wow this isn’t a kia! Definitely makes for some great reactions especially when I have the lights going.
also did a chrome delete myself on the exterior panels above the windows. I will be ordering rainguards soon and I’m also waiting on the matching emblems for the front and back!
Automotive parking light Vehicle Car Automotive tail & brake light Grille

Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Speedometer Gauge Vehicle Purple Trip computer

Purple Entertainment Musical instrument accessory Audio equipment Electric blue

Car Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Plant Vehicle Satellite radio Car Gear shift

Speedometer Vehicle Car Gear shift Automotive design

Car Land vehicle Vehicle Speedometer Wheel

Gear shift Motor vehicle Vehicle Steering part Car

Wood Artifact Sculpture Art Font

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
53 Posts
Very interesting, it's not for me but I do appreciate the look that you got from it! Very cool to see someone do something so creative to personalize their car.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
Hey, it's not my place to judge. lol Everyone's got their personal tastes so if it looks good to you then I say more power to you! Not many people are comfortable in doing a custom paint job on their own, including me, and I respect that.

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
53 Posts
Hey, it's not my place to judge. lol Everyone's got their personal tastes so if it looks good to you then I say more power to you! Not many people are comfortable in doing a custom paint job on their own, including me, and I respect that.
Yeah, I'm thinking of upgrading the audio system but even that is deterring me haha! Just had someone that I don't know from work park right behind me and wanted a tour of the car - he was absolutely stoked to see one in person haha! Been a great couple weeks so far :D. Nervous to remove the door panels and possibly mess something up as I haven't done it before.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Very interesting, it's not for me but I do appreciate the look that you got from it! Very cool to see someone do something so creative to personalize their car.
Yeah, I'm thinking of upgrading the audio system but even that is deterring me haha! Just had someone that I don't know from work park right behind me and wanted a tour of the car - he was absolutely stoked to see one in person haha! Been a great couple weeks so far :D. Nervous to remove the door panels and possibly mess something up as I haven't done it before.
Their is a YouTube video with someone taking off the door panels

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
Yeah, removing the door panel seems simple enough. One bolt and a bunch of easy clips all along the edge, then disconnect the wiring harness and door latch. I recommend getting a plastic prying tool set. It'll make prying stuff less of a worry. lol

·
Registered
31 Posts
Yeah, removing the door panel seems simple enough. One bolt and a bunch of easy clips all along the edge, then disconnect the wiring harness and door latch. I recommend getting a plastic prying tool set. It'll make prying stuff less of a worry. lol
The issue i see with it is the screen you have to take off most of the dash to get to the radio , just concerning to me cause I hate scratches or loose trim

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
thank you, new pictures will be up soon once everything is done

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
i’m going to be upgrading mine soon, i couldn’t do it myself though that’s for sure! i’m gonna go take it to my shop in california to get it done. I always go for sound in my car and i had a honda before and the sound was trashhhh but i new eventually i’d get a new car so we just got a simple amp , a blaupunkt and i had two 12” kendwoods so we used just one of those and it was perfect. in this case with the k5 it has some pretty decent sound and bass, at least mine does. So i think it will be a perfect bundle for my k5 , just give it a little kick!

·
Registered
389 Posts
i sure did😂 i don’t have time to deal with peoples negativity here, it’s supposed to be a free space. but also it’s not finished and does look a little off without everything done so i’m gonna be posting everything soon
i didnt say anything negative because I never actually saw the picture. Props to doing your own thing. I didnt see read anything too negative just a few people who said it wasn’t for them but they still appreciated the work.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i didnt say anything negative because I never actually saw the picture. Props to doing your own thing. I didnt see read anything too negative just a few people who said it wasn’t for them but they still appreciated the work.
lol i was just speaking generally but thank you! not a lot of girls do mods to their cars so i’m definitely still going to be posting mine when i’m finished

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
212 Posts
It was probably the 3 barf emoji's from denis_denis.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)
some more flicks!
also everything inside that was silver/chrome is now black. The strips on the door, the door handles, the vents etc
Auto part Automotive design Machine Motor vehicle Carbon

Car Vehicle Automotive lighting Hood Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle
Automotive tire Vehicle Car Automotive design Motor vehicle

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 Gt-line AWD
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Nice, I see you've also gone ahead and put a shift knob cover on to match. 😜
Yeah, I was living in vegas and the knob would always get superrr hot. But I love it because my front seat covers are the same material fur. Although I’m not really a fan of these fake jewels on here. Looks very tacky to me so I’m probably gonna figure out how to snap them off

1 - 20 of 24 Posts