Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So it doesn’t seem there’s a front license plate bracket/mount..what have y’all done for states that require a front plate?

·
Registered
64 Posts
So it doesn’t seem there’s a front license plate bracket/mount..what have y’all done for states that require a front plate?
Are you sure? I have a front plate on mine because it's required in Rhode Island. You're going to really make me go check now lol I think I have a bracket on it too.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Mine too did not come with one (Maryland has that dumb law as well). I've skated by with a warning for saying the part was on back order, but I know that won't last forever as the car isn't as new anymore. I'm going to zip tie it to the lower grill for when I make a run to the beach in a few weeks, but I'll be looking at aftermarket mounts for it for something more permanent and not blocking off the radiator on that half of the grill.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really dont want the dealer to drill into the bumper. Was looking for a relocation kit, but almost all of them use the tow hook. Which by the way, where is that even located on the K5? Might do the same and zip tie til I find something that works.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I really dont want the dealer to drill into the bumper. Was looking for a relocation kit, but almost all of them use the tow hook. Which by the way, where is that even located on the K5? Might do the same and zip tie til I find something that works.
So, tried the zip ties over the weekend, not a solution without resizing the plate, as it's just a hair too big, and to get the zip ties to function correctly, you'd need to drill through the plastic, as the vents aren't fully across the front end.

We do need a better solution, as I currently have it tucked in the dashboard to stop being stopped, but it sits there and rattles it's ever-loving ass off and it's annoying.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts