Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do you guys find it annoying that the front wheels screech everytime you turn from a stop. I hit the gas the same way I did with my old Accord, but I feels it's jusy a dumb engineering mistake!! U guys run with this same issue too?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line
40 Posts
Same here. I have been using sport mode with the "Manual" sport shift for a while now as opposed to driving in automatic. I have found "my" sweet spot when driving (and having to drive aggressively as well) managing RPM's, speed, and tire slippage. Once you get it down, you can really make this baby fly. It takes a little time but very worth it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Yeah, the FWD models tend to do that, especially on the GT with the bigger engine. You'll have to be more mindful with your throttle foot as you exit out of turns. It's either that or the aggressive traction control cuts power to the wheels. They really should have put in an LSD on the car.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Yeah, the FWD models tend to do that, especially on the GT with the bigger engine. You'll have to be more mindful with your throttle foot as you exit out of turns. It's either that or the aggressive traction control cuts power to the wheels. They really should have put in an LSD on the car.
LSD might have helped a GT off the line traction, but that's it. I believe a LSD would ruin the rolling/at speed handling (especially at 80 and above). I have already had several experiences in SPORT + (trac off) that not having a LSD resulted in gentle, manageable understeer that was easily corrected with some additional throttle to keep the line through a high speed curve. If an LSD was in play it that situation it would have degraded to unmanageable (maybe even dangerous) torque steer typical of front drive cars pushed to their handling limit.

I accept that this isn't a stop light to stop light drag car. It is at its best in twists and curves at 45mph to well in excess of 120. It is easy to forget it is FWD once you are moving with the feedback and responsiveness you get in corners. I think a LSD would change that for the worse and it isn't worth it just to beat a DB to the next stop light.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts