Kia K5 Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
2021 K5 EX, love the car! However over the last few weeks, I will stop for fuel and the door won’t open to get to the gas cap. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a secondary access?

·
Registered
45 Posts
2021 K5 EX, love the car! However over the last few weeks, I will stop for fuel and the door won’t open to get to the gas cap. Anyone else have this issue? Is there a secondary access?
Hi, there is a TSB that addresses this, but not easy to open. Make sure your car is unlocked, when you're trying to open the fuel door, it locks with the doors.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw that on some optima’s.. that didn’t help. I opened and closed the door repeatedly, no luck.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I had this issue as well, once. My doors were unlocked but might have something to do with keeping it in accessory vs off when you’re fueling. I had to open the driver door for the fuel door to open.

The next time I got gas, I didn’t have this problem. I turned off the car (went into accessory mode) and unlocked the doors and all went well. So it’s really confusing.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5
3 Posts
When you unlock your door from the handle button, it will unlock the gas door simultaneously.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I really ran into this in Oregon because we are one of the few states without self-serve gas so unless I open the driver door (aka unlock) the gas latch won’t open

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Still happening sporadically. Kia dealer tells me the K5 is the only model without a manual override. They have to take off the rear quarter panel to open the fuel door. Pathetic!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts