Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just noticed on my k5 GT line 2022 vehicle that the fuel economy average drops when my car is parked and simply idling. Is this normal? Doesn't make sense to me.

Gas Font Gadget Audio equipment Machine

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
197 Posts
Every car I've ever owned which estimates fuel MPG has done this, you probably just never noticed it before. Like 21hemispheres12 said you're still using fuel at idle, but the car remains stationary.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Every car I've ever owned which estimates fuel MPG has done this, you probably just never noticed it before. Like 21hemispheres12 said you're still using fuel at idle, but the car remains stationary.
yep. I never noticed it before. Amazing how quickly it drops in a matter of minutes, however.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
833 Posts
Yeah, it's why the idle stop/start system became a thing for those that live in cities with lots of stop and go traffic.

I believe only the lower LX and LXS trims have it. While the system is good to save gas, it also wears out the starter faster so just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
108 Posts
I just noticed on my k5 GT line 2022 vehicle that the fuel economy average drops when my car is parked and simply idling. Is this normal? Doesn't make sense to me.

View attachment 2423
Why doesn't it make sense?? You are idling which means you are burning gas but are NOT traveling any distance. burning gas X no distance = 0 mile per gallon.
The longer you idle the lower your fuel eco. average will become. Pretty simple, hu!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts