Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
In the first 4 months of owning my GT, on trips I got in the 27 MPG range over 3 trips from Dallas to Houston.

Today, after installing my aftermarket exhaust last weekend, my mileage on the 200 mile trip ended the trip at 32.6

According to the MPG calculator will save just under 50 bucks a month at current gas prices.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It was the new borla exhaust designed for the K5 gt with the 2.5. If you get one should take an hour or less to install if you have a lift. Would not suggest trying to install on jack stands, the OEM will be difficult to get out that way. The new would not be an issue though 3 pieces vs 5 pieces.

·
Registered
10 Posts
In the first 4 months of owning my GT, on trips I got in the 27 MPG range over 3 trips from Dallas to Houston. Today, after installing my aftermarket exhaust last weekend, my mileage on the 200 mile trip ended the trip at 32.6 According to the MPG calculator will save just under 50 bucks a month at current gas prices.
I’m not sure how accurate the system is but I drove from Florida to New Jersey and then to Vermont and during the times I was on smart cruise control the system said I was averaging 49.8 mpg.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT-Line FWD
36 Posts
These tiny turbo direct inject engine cars sound like a diesel generator humping a garbage disposal with exhaust on them, x2 without the resonator. I wouldn’t do it on principle, alone. :)

1.6GT Line gets 30-32 city driving if you make an effort to take it easy, and easily 40-45 on the interstate if you keep it under 70. I would only do exhaust if you have the 2.5, with the JB4, and are hellbent on smoking civics and altimas. :)

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT
1,124 Posts
These tiny turbo direct inject engine cars sound like a diesel generator humping a garbage disposal with exhaust on them, x2 without the resonator. I wouldn’t do it on principle, alone. :)

1.6GT Line gets 30-32 city driving if you make an effort to take it easy, and easily 40-45 on the interstate if you keep it under 70. I would only do exhaust if you have the 2.5, with the JB4, and are hellbent on smoking civics and altimas. :)
2.5s can't smoke anything else other than civics or altimas with a tune no less?

·
Registered
8 Posts

I like in Texas where the average speed limit is 75. Very hard to reach my MPG goals. I just traded in my 2020 Jetta which I was getting 40 45 on the highway at 75-80mph any ideas to boost my MPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 - 19 of 19 Posts