Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I’ve seen a couple YouTube videos where people remover this things to run a “Y” exhaust pip set up. Is is safe to do so and how important is it to the car?
Hood Automotive design Automotive exterior Bumper Automotive tire

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Apparently, it's the EVAP charcoal canister. You can technically remove it but having it on doesn't hurt performance or anything. The purpose of it is to trap gas vapor to reduce emissions, and to trap the gas from escaping, recycling some of it on engine start up. As a result, it also reduces the smell of gasoline coming from your car when it's not running.

If you do end up removing it, just remember not to cap the vapor line that usually goes into the canister. There are some that did that and had gas being pushed up into the intake of the engine after they had the car turned off.

·
Registered
2021 K5 GT-line AWD
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Apparently, it's the EVAP charcoal canister. You can technically remove it but having it on doesn't hurt performance or anything. The purpose of it is to trap gas vapor to reduce emissions, and to trap the gas from escaping, recycling some of it on engine start up. As a result, it also reduces the smell of gasoline coming from your car when it's not running.

If you do end up removing it, just remember not to cap the vapor line that usually goes into the canister. There are some that did that and had gas being pushed up into the intake of the engine after they had the car turned off.
Oh ok. Thanks man. I think I’ll just leave it for now until they start making aftermarket body kits

1 - 3 of 3 Posts