Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I just bought my wife a 2022 Kia Seltos SXTurbo. My GTLine is also a 2022 so they have the identical 10.25 infotainment screen, ya know the big one WITHOUT wireless (another thread) ANYWAYS. But her car does something mine can’t. When my CarPlay is on I don’t get to use the full beautiful screen in all its glory. 1/3rd of the screen isn’t even used & just says CarPlay, (image GT on top, Seltos on bottom) sure I can “use” it with the standard split screen info but I want it to be full screen. My wife’s Seltos has the ability to be in full screen and it’s WAY better. Any thoughts?

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
612 Posts
Are they both connected using the same phone? I'll have to check out if there was any updates to the Kia Infotainment but I figured it could also be a new iOS/Carplay update that would enable it.

:edit:
Here's the link to the updater.

You'll need to download it to your PC first and also have a USB drive with at least 32GB for the update (current update size for April 2021 is about ~22GB).

·
Registered
2022 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD Premium
39 Posts
There is a setting where this can be adjusted, but not entirely sure where. Will be testing it out with my K5 when I pick it up next week!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Are they both connected using the same phone? I'll have to check out if there was any updates to the Kia Infotainment but I figured it could also be a new iOS/Carplay update that would enable it.

You'll need to download it to your PC first and also have a USB drive with at least 32GB for the update (current update size for April 2021 is about ~22GB).
does it say anywhere what’s new in the update?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·

Ya I used the same phone. Both cars are 2022 that were bought post May 2022. Shouldnt they have the most current update? I’ll have to see if this update is currently on the vehicles. Appreciate the digging and looking into this though.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Im able to show these screens when I use Apple car play with music playing. There may be more, but this is all I need for now

Attachments

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Im able to show these screens when I use Apple car play with music playing. There may be more, but this is all I need for now
So same issue. When CarPlay is running it can’t be full screen. Your 1st and 3rd image look just like mine. No way to go full screen

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 EX - Everlasting Silver
14 Posts
If you have the 10.25" system, I highly recommend that you do some research BEFORE updating to the new firmware. I updated my wife's 2020 Soul and the new firmware is horrible. My wife absolutely loves the Soul but the firmware update has her furious. (not just her, she found others are equally dissatisified)

The firmware works as intended... it is just that it is a huge step backward in usability. Terrible design. The entire screen used to display the backup camera image. Now with the new firmware, the backup camera only shows in 2/3 of the screen, the right-most 1/3 is the map. Who needs the map when backing up?!

I have the 8" screen in my 2021 K5 so it doesn't have a firmware update for it. I'm scouring the usual tech tinkering sites to find a way to downlevel that firmware.

·
Registered
16 Posts
i had the same problem but I figured out how to change it. Can’t remember exactly what menu it was in but when I get off work I’ll figure it out and let you guys know

·
Registered
39 Posts
I think I found the answer - go on the home screen and select Setup --> Device Connections --> Apple Carplay --> then uncheck use split screen at Apple Carplay Screen. Mjenkins if you can test it later and confirm that would be great as well!

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think I found the answer - go on the home screen and select Setup --> Device Connections --> Apple Carplay --> then uncheck use split screen at Apple Carplay Screen. Mjenkins if you can test it later and confirm that would be great as well!
Yes this is it! Just make sure you don’t have CarPlay connected when you do this or for some reason it won’t let you.

·
Registered
2022 K5 GTLine Wolf Grey
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Bingo! I swear I’ve looked at that exact menu MULTIPLE times! How did I not see that. Thanks so much!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Didn’t work for me. Still see a map on the right. 22 K5 GT Line Premium.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Didn’t work for me. Still see a map on the right. 22 K5 GT Line Premium.
Hi Mack, I think that might occur if you have your phone connected while trying to do the step.

Let me know if you test this out: disconnect your phone from the wire and turn off the bluetooth of your phone. Then go into the infotainment and go Setup-->Device Connections --> Carplay --> uncheck split screen. Then restart bluetooth on your phone and connect the wire. Let us know if you see full screen or not!

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi Mack, I think that might occur if you have your phone connected while trying to do the step.

Let me know if you test this out: disconnect your phone from the wire and turn off the bluetooth of your phone. Then go into the infotainment and go Setup-->Device Connections --> Carplay --> uncheck split screen. Then restart bluetooth on your phone and connect the wire. Let us know if you see full screen or not!
No luck. Still the same. I think it’s how it is supposed to be for a 2022. Bummer they did that.
Plant Vehicle Automotive design Gadget Motor vehicle

1 - 20 of 26 Posts