Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hello! Short time lurker, first time poster.

I recently purchased a GT-Line with the red interior and 10.25" screen. I love it so far with the exception of the sound quality as I'm a bit of an audio nerd. I'm not looking to shake the earth, just sound quality and stage. Before I start tearing things apart to upgrade I could use your help.

Where is the external amp located?
Is the external amp only available in Bose systems?

Also, I plan to buy an EX model center grill since GT-Line grill isn't perforated as there is no speaker. I cannot figure out how to get the center grill off. The tweeter covers popped right off. Any knowledge around this?

I think the EX center grill part number is 84715-L3100WK in case any one else is interested.

Thanks for any help! I'll be sure to share my build and infos as I go along.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Found a couple answers.

It seems the external amp exists only in Bose systems and it is located in the rear passenger side or the trunk.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hello! Short time lurker, first time poster.

I recently purchased a GT-Line with the red interior and 10.25" screen. I love it so far with the exception of the sound quality as I'm a bit of an audio nerd. I'm not looking to shake the earth, just sound quality and stage. Before I start tearing things apart to upgrade I could use your help.

Where is the external amp located?
Is the external amp only available in Bose systems?

Also, I plan to buy an EX model center grill since GT-Line grill isn't perforated as there is no speaker. I cannot figure out how to get the center grill off. The tweeter covers popped right off. Any knowledge around this?

I think the EX center grill part number is 84715-L3100WK in case any one else is interested.

Thanks for any help! I'll be sure to share my build and infos as I go along.
It pops right off with a screwdriver or a panel popper tool (recommended).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts