Kia K5 Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing chatter on social media that orders are being accepted for GTs again. Can anyone confirm that the GT is back?

·
Registered
11 Posts
Seeing chatter on social media that orders are being accepted for GTs again. Can anyone confirm that the GT is back?
I work for a Kia dealer and I'm unaware of them starting production again, we aren't taking orders. From what I know they stopped the K5 GT production to focus on the GT-Line Stinger and the Sorento as they have the same engine and sell better.

·
Registered
51 Posts
I work for a Kia dealer and I'm unaware of them starting production again, we aren't taking orders. From what I know they stopped the K5 GT production to focus on the GT-Line Stinger and the Sorento as they have the same engine and sell better.
Just curious but how does Kia know they sell better? Every K5 GT I’ve seen is sold before it hits the lot if it doesn’t have a crazy mark up on it.

·
Registered
2021 Kia K5 GT-Line AWD
940 Posts
I'm sure it's because people are buying up the base model Stinger GT-Line, which is still a good entry deal for a RWD 4-door saloon.

The Sorento is an SUV, 'nuff said. 😂

The K5 GT is kind stuck in between the lower trims and the baseline Stinger, and many I suspect end up choose to go with one or the other over the GT because of it.

Also, they probably have the numbers on how many people are on backorder for the K5 GT compared to the other two.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I saw the vin for a GT at a dealership that showed the car was produced on Nov 5th 2021. Plus, today my local dealer said they had three coming in over the next couple of weeks!

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT1
7 Posts
I just put my order in for Kia K5 GT about a week ago. I should get it sometime in February. I am in Texas if that matters.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I've been looking for one for months, just got a call yesterday a dealer in OK had 2 coming in. I think they are in production but can't be special ordered still.

·
Registered
8 Posts
That’s awesome! Glad to see the GTs are back in production.
Don't get too excited as my dealer said the mark-up for the GT at his dealerships would be $7,000 - $8,000 per car!

Nonetheless, I laughed when he told me that and told him that I'll wait until supply catches up with demand! (or buy something else)

·
Registered
51 Posts
Don't get too excited as my dealer said the mark-up for the GT at his dealerships would be $7,000 - $8,000 per car!

Nonetheless, I laughed when he told me that and told him that I'll wait until supply catches up with demand! (or buy something else)
Ouch…I love the car but it’s definitely not worth that kind of mark up. I’m just glad I was able to get mine for MSRP which is considered a deal now apparently.

·
Registered
389 Posts
Haha I sold mine to carmax with 7500 miles on it for 6 over msrp 😀 Guess I got rid of it at the perfect time.

·
Registered
5 Posts
So funny story just got a call from the dealership and my car will be ready January 15th. Super excited.
Happy for you guys, it’s been a full 3 months since I committed to a GT. Hopefully the GT's trickle will flow up North.
Any CDN GTs delivered in the last 3 months?

·
Registered
2022 K5 GT1
7 Posts
Happy for you guys, it’s been a full 3 months since I committed to a GT. Hopefully the GT's trickle will flow up North.
Any CDN GTs delivered in the last 3 months?
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Got her a day early. She's even prettier in person.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts